Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish BBTS would give a bit more of a heads up before charging. Wondering when they will get this.

I'm sure BBTS wish HT would stick to a release schedule :lol

I personally wish HT would handle their preorders like Bandai or LEGO. Put the item up for preorder 1-3 months before the item is released. They very rarely listen to feedback and improve their protos anyway. Also constant delays or "nope, gonna drop this 6 months early" business is frustrating.

Got a notification from Toy Sapiens (Japan) and my 2 guards should be delivered on the 31st of August or the 1st of September. Weird that Hot Toys didn't post anything on their Facebook. Chewbacca TFA was also released by Toy Sapiens prior any pictures on FB.

Got a notification from Toy Sapiens (Japan) and my 2 guards should be delivered on the 31st of August or the 1st of September. Weird that Hot Toys didn't post anything on their Facebook. Chewbacca TFA was also released by Toy Sapiens prior any pictures on FB.

Got the same notification. Noticed they also updated ESB Vader to a September release even though they stated a June release when they demanded 100% money up front for it (It was also supposed to be a special Japanese release). Now everyone in the world is getting theirs early except for the people who were actually promised it first.

Love Hot Toys....

Got the same notification. Noticed they also updated ESB Vader to a September release even though they stated a June release when they demanded 100% money up front for it (It was also supposed to be a special Japanese release). Now everyone in the world is getting theirs early except for the people who were actually promised it first.

Love Hot Toys....

....haha

Love Hot Toys....

Bummer man... false advertising. I remember you posting that con exclusive deal back then.

I wish BBTS would give a bit more of a heads up before charging. Wondering when they will get this.

They definitely need to get more info to their customers so we can understand what's going on. Their lack of communication has caused me to advance cancel a few items and go elsewhere. At this point they are no longer my go-to retailer as they have been for the last several years.

Sideshow was my go to retailer until I heard about BBTS. Now I’m not sure which is better.

Sideshow was my go to retailer until I heard about BBTS. Now I’m not sure which is better.

SS is guaranteed faster. Saving $20 isn't worth the potential 3 month wait for BBTS and missing the rush of excitement. When BBTS was guaranteed 2-3 weeks wait to save, it was worth it. Now, its simply unreliable. It may all be a result of HT now shipping in smaller batches to Sideshow and spreading delivery out over a couple months, I don't know.

I'm looking for a better more reliable relationship.

Not too happy about the lack of production pics either.....

New trend huh?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

They definitely need to get more info to their customers so we can understand what's going on. Their lack of communication has caused me to advance cancel a few items and go elsewhere. At this point they are no longer my go-to retailer as they have been for the last several years.

It’s hilarious they will send you an “arriving within the next 10 days” notice for a $10 figure, but will randomly get a $200+ in stock without warning. I think that partly on purpose to avoid last minute cancellations. Still kind of a dirty practice, even if I understand the reasoning. They also don’t update you if something is arriving later than originally anticipated. To Sideshow’s credit they do at least give both those notices.

BBTS doesn’t do 10 day notices anymore? The only thing I’ve ever PO’d from them were my BW Ghostbusters, and I received a 10 day arrival notice from them. That was last November-December though.

BBTS doesn’t do 10 day notices anymore? The only thing I’ve ever PO’d from them were my BW Ghostbusters, and I received a 10 day arrival notice from them. That was last November-December though.

I received a 10 Day Notice from BBTS for $10 "Stranger Things" POP figures as late as June. But $200 figures like Jedi Luke and ESB Fett, nothing till Pre-Order Arrival Notice the same day I was charged.

I got a 10-day notice for Threezero's Saul Goodman figure two days ago, but BBTS just went ahead and charged me for a few Eaglemoss Star Trek Starships that just arrived. It appears to be hit-and-miss on receiving notice.

SS is guaranteed faster. Saving $20 isn't worth the potential 3 month wait for BBTS and missing the rush of excitement. When BBTS was guaranteed 2-3 weeks wait to save, it was worth it. Now, its simply unreliable. It may all be a result of HT now shipping in smaller batches to Sideshow and spreading delivery out over a couple months, I don't know.

I'm looking for a better more reliable relationship.

Anyone going back to SS is a win for SS right ?. Surely they are the ones preventing BBTS from getting their orders, as they are the distributor.

If I was in the States I'd be using Steve at Timemeddler. Or is he also seeing delays ?

Currently that's who I've gone to because of all the positive feedback I've heard. So far, their CS (Nathen) is excellent.

They definitely get the stock a bit later, but I never had to be the “first”
Kinda guy.

That said , waiting a bit longer to deal with a small hometown shop, and Steve and Nathan , its worth it.

Plus you dont have to deal with SSC and their terrible Cs.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back