Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[...]Let's not equate small-minded, narrow-minded, close-minded fanboys with professional critics who understand movies.

I would venture to say that professional critics understand the business of reviewing films first, and film as an art-form second, with context -- at times -- a distant third.

I've seen plenty of "small-minded, narrow-minded, close-minded fanboys"... so no argument that they exist.

As for TLJ...no comment.

I’m going to pose one sitting on the throne and the other leaning over messing with the comms pranking the crew of the Death Star with Palps standing with his hands on his hips behind them.

Last edited:
TLJ didn't get negative reviews and it wasn't a "bad movie." It got 91% on Rotten Tomatoes. Let's not equate small-minded, narrow-minded, close-minded fanboys with professional critics who understand movies.

And let's not equate out-of-touch, overly artistic critics who only focus on a film's cultural context rather than overall enjoyability as being the definitive judgement on a film series that they didn't understand or appreciate in the first place.

I don't need to be a food critic either to call a chef out when im being fed crap.

At the end of the day, I have one criteria I fall back on when I review a movie. Did I have an enjoyable time watching it? Because that is what it all boils down to in the end. With TLJ I did not. The very plentiful reasons why are secondary. And based on the audience score, I was far from the minority.

And let's not equate out-of-touch, overly artistic critics who only focus on a film's cultural context rather than overall enjoyability as being the definitive judgement on a film series that they didn't understand or appreciate in the first place.

I don't need to be a food critic either to call a chef out when im being fed crap.

At the end of the day, I have one criteria I fall back on when I review a movie. Did I have an enjoyable time watching it? Because that is what it all boils down to in the end.

:exactly:

tenor.gif

Edit: ...Sorry, this was a post continuing the TLJ/critics discussion. I agree that it shouldn’t take over this thread, so I’ve removed it. [emoji51]

Ah, the old trick of inserting your opinion and asking someone questions regarding a non-related topic, then attempting to steer the conversation back to the actual topic as a way to end the discussion before it starts. :lol :D

You rang? 36TKs lol.....

CnKQwhI.jpg

Would this be a bad time to mention the HT stormie helmet sculpt is pretty underwhelming?:monkey3:lol

But seriously - wow. Super impressive. In the all-time top 10 of best ways to spend $5k.:clap

That would mean SS has them now...?

Sneaky HT again?

Yeah his whole same time/early business is weird. My first time ordering from them. Said getting in 2 wks and up to 2 business days to ship out. I’m not complaining but my wallet has taken a pummeling these past few weeks!

That would mean SS has them now...?

Sneaky HT again?

Nah, can't be can it ?? I've never heard of SS having anything before the initial Hong Kong release. We should be getting pics on FB and those Hong Kong guys doing their video review in Chinese. Maybe release this week ? Then 2 weeks transit to SS from HK.

Back