Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, can't be can it ?? I've never heard of SS having anything before the initial Hong Kong release. We should be getting pics on FB and those Hong Kong guys doing their video review in Chinese. Maybe release this week ? Then 2 weeks transit to SS from HK.

:lol if you're joking.

If not... 2 weeks ship from HK to SS? When has that ever happened? Except that one time they went by super-sonic hydrofoil.

If not... 2 weeks ship from HK to SS? When has that ever happened?

It did with the Civil War regular Captain America figure. I recall everyone receiving two week notices from SSC mere days after it released in HK, myself included. Quickest HK to SSC I’ve seen. However, that’s the only instance I can think of where it did happen, so it still shows just how rare that is.

And let's not equate out-of-touch, overly artistic critics who only focus on a film's cultural context rather than overall enjoyability as being the definitive judgement on a film series that they didn't understand or appreciate in the first place.

I don't need to be a food critic either to call a chef out when im being fed crap.

At the end of the day, I have one criteria I fall back on when I review a movie. Did I have an enjoyable time watching it? Because that is what it all boils down to in the end. With TLJ I did not. The very plentiful reasons why are secondary. And based on the audience score, I was far from the minority.

Its also important to remember that people eat McDonalds and call it delicious. That doesn’t make it so on the grande scheme of good food....

What it tells us is tastes vary widely....but in order to be a critique of a particular thing, one must have experienced a vast quantity to have comparisons for.

I am willing to be most film critics watch way more films then most people. The over reaction by some fans over any sequel of a beloved franchise negative or positive is not calculable.
The critics job is not to judge a film on its effect for the fans, but as a film in itself.

Just as judging a cheeseburger is only effective if you have had many types and are not a fanboy of one .

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

August 31st shipping for my 2 guards!
Yikes
Beyond expensive times on the horizon
Esb Vader charging today
2 guards
Dx emperor
Dark side anakin

Might be the right time to pull the trigger on a second one. I may go local and offer a 8-12 weeks breather to the wallet though.

Yikes
Esb Vader charging today
2 guards
Dx emperor
Dark side anakin

giphy.gif

Yikes
Esb Vader charging today
2 guards
Dx emperor
Dark side anakin

Must mean Palps is around the corner also..

Yes, where is Palps? Was expecting another email from SSC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Its also important to remember that people eat McDonalds and call it delicious. That doesn’t make it so on the grande scheme of good food....

What it tells us is tastes vary widely....but in order to be a critique of a particular thing, one must have experienced a vast quantity to have comparisons for.

I am willing to be most film critics watch way more films then most people. The over reaction by some fans over any sequel of a beloved franchise negative or positive is not calculable.
The critics job is not to judge a film on its effect for the fans, but as a film in itself.

Just as judging a cheeseburger is only effective if you have had many types and are not a fanboy of one .

I'm also willing to bet that film critics love to appear intelligent and sophisticated. So much so that when one critic praises a film others tend to follow suit by jumping on the bandwagon.

This^^ [emoji122] ...there’s an unfortunate wide spread skepticism against knowledge based professionals these days. We, people in general, can like and love whatever we want, disagree with reviews as much as we want, but it doesn’t make us journalists, critics or our opinions ‘reviews’.

Back