1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried removing the visor and antenna to make him look more like a normal clone? Considering buying 2 for this reason

Has anyone tried removing the visor and antenna to make him look more like a normal clone? Considering buying 2 for this reason

He'd still look a lot different from a regular clone trooper. Different shoulders, rank on chest, additions to the helmet dome, etc. as well as the paint job being different. May as well just wait for a regular 212th clone trooper.

My Cody has officially been picked up by UPS and is on the way....along with the Rocklove Grogu necklace I got for my wife, who is obsessed with Baby Yoda. Very excited to have Cody on the way, after all this time.

Here's hoping we get a Christmas Miracle and the Beskar Mando and Child make it into Sideshow for the end of the year too. Would be an awesome way to end an otherwise terrible year.

Just got mine in from UPS 2 days early!!!

This figure is INCREDIBLE. I have him standing next to my OT Sandtrooper....Cody blows him out of the water. And I love my Sandy :)

This Star Wars era has a much more intimidating + detailed look to it, the shelf presence is unreal. The look like they're straight out of the movie.

I wasn't going to buy Rex...but having Cody in hand has changed my mind. I am buying EVERY single clone HotToys makes xD I was that nerdy high school kid with a collection of 50+ Hasbro clone action figures. Some things don't change ;)

PS. Anybody know how I can upload pictures here?

Cody is complete awesomeness...I cannot wait to pair him up next to Rex! Side note: Gun hands are incredibly tight--getting these pistols in his hands was tough!

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg
War buddies!
IMG_0074.jpg

It's a real shame about the fat suit though, it's really restrictive on a clone for posing, especially when moving the thighs forward. I'm not sure how easy it would be to remove it. I'm not saying Hot Toys should necessarily ditch the fat suit but they could experiment with the cut to aid poseability. Cutting some of it away from joint areas could make all the difference and give us the movement while maintaining the necessary bulk to stop the armour sliding about too much.

The only other nit pick, which I think others have mentioned, is the fixed right-hand forearm armour. It would be better if there was enough movement to hide the wrist peg a little. I get why it's fixed on the hologram arm but not the regular arm. Other than that it looks incredible and the head sculpt is a knock out.

potatoes212 I noticed your Kotobukiya clone there. I always liked that one. I bet fat suit Cody is jealous of the pose. :lol

Cody arrived a day early:yess:
Unfortunately the little helmet antenna broke:gah:
Hopefully won’t be an issue getting a replacement piece.

So I check my tracking and it says Cody has been delivered? Early. And its cold out there.

Not at the front door, not at the carport door..... what the hell. Feeling the beginnings of panic I finally find him out by our main gate.

Just glad he's here and safe. I cant wait to see him.

The bad thing is I feel like I'm gonna need an Obi-Wan to go with him.

Back