Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deluxe is back in stock at Popcultcha.

I've been waiting and hoping it would be available again but after seeing the issues with posing him on the throne, I think I'll just get the regular version. :slap

Yeah i noticed that for 450 aud.
I think maybe some people cancelled their preorders so they had spares.they wont last long maybe a month or two.

I’m annoyed with how they did the Emperor’s sleeves. Rather than using a lighter fabric that would drape naturaly they sew/ stitched the folds and wrinkles in the sleeves. Makes it a bit frustrating when posing him and even making them sit up just a tad too high on his wrists.

When Palps sits in his chair on screen he put his sleeves on the outside of the chair arms, not inside like everyone here is posing him. As it stands with the design, that look is extremely hard to accomplish.

I’m annoyed with how they did the Emperor’s sleeves. Rather than using a lighter fabric that would drape naturaly they sew/ stitched the folds and wrinkles in the sleeves. Makes it a bit frustrating when posing him and even making them sit up just a tad too high on his wrists.

When Palps sits in his chair on screen he put his sleeves on the outside of the chair arms, not inside like everyone here is posing him. As it stands with the design, that look is extremely hard to accomplish.

If this is what you're referring to, they're matching the screen used costume.

Star_Wars_Identities_Color-59.jpg

If this is what you're referring to, they're matching the screen used costume.

View attachment 440132

Yeah, it’s that stitching at the bottom of the sleeves. Compare that screen shot to the figure itself and you will see how HotToys messed it up. The sleeves don’t hang low enough at all when you have Palps standing or seated (with sleeves over the chair arms). Plus the stitching on the figure sleeves run up the whole area of the forearm where on the actual costume it’s isolated to the wrist area. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Palps figure, I just wish the material used and stitching was done differently.

Yeah, it’s that stitching at the bottom of the sleeves. Compare that screen shot to the figure itself and you will see how HotToys messed it up. The sleeves don’t hang low enough at all when you have Palps standing or seated (with sleeves over the chair arms). Plus the stitching on the figure sleeves run up the whole area of the forearm where on the actual costume it’s isolated to the wrist area. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Palps figure, I just wish the material used and stitching was done differently.

I hope to have mine today, I'll definitively check that out.

I agree with the materials used on many robes on the figures I own/owned: SSC ANH Vader, SSC Emperor, HT Vader ANH, HT Vader RO, HT Vader ESB. Don't get me wrong I like HT Vaders, with all their flaws, but I was really impressed by the cool flowing robes of the Royal Guards.

^^ No seam up the arms - only to the elbow. Sleeves were also super long on Palps.

Mine shipped today from alter ego along with ESB Fett from secret compass. Yes!
P.s. Guess who I didnt order from? Lol

Mine shipped today from alter ego along with ESB Fett from secret compass. Yes!
P.s. Guess who I didnt order from? Lol
Does anybody have info on the clone sculpt from Sideshow Palpatine angry version? I remember seeing one in Ebay a year or two ago.......

Enviado desde mi SM-P550 mediante Tapatalk

Yeah that grimacing sculpt was exclusive extra for Palps. Having owned it, it was t that impressive. You can pick that version up cheap I imagine with HT now at bat.

Finally got mine yesterday, and I love it. Haven't really had time to futz, or take any proper pics yet. But my kid is pretty darn happy about it!

IMG_4204.jpg

Back