Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the old Illusive Concepts version...no way I could afford the Sideshow one, which looks incredible.

I like how you get your daughter involved in your collecting. When I started collecting, my daughter was six years old. I was a single dad. Our tradition was to open every figure I received together at the kitchen table. I got married when she was nine, and she and my wife were more interested in doing girl stuff. So that tradition ended. Now, she’s thirteen and tells me I have too many figures. [emoji23]
Enjoy the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like how you get your daughter involved in your collecting. When I started collecting, my daughter was six years old. I was a single dad. Our tradition was to open every figure I received together at the kitchen table. I got married when she was nine, and she and my wife were more interested in doing girl stuff. So that tradition ended. Now, she’s thirteen and tells me I have too many figures. [emoji23]
Enjoy the moment!

Yeah, she started the tradition of wanting to take pictures with them, just as a way to be able to hold them when she was about three or four. Now it's become second nature, that she expects to take a picture, and help me in taking pictures. She has been getting excited more and more when new ones are coming out, and now says things like " I hope Hot Toys makes..." when watching stuff. It's pretty funny. I've got another one that's three, who likes to look and learn the names, but she hasn't started asking for pictures just yet, lol.

Enjoy the moment!

So true....at least my 16 yod son is a collector...dicast 1/18 cars, but we share in the opening ritual for figures or cars

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You folks are lucky. My daughters don't really dig Star wars despite my efforts. I mean they like BB-8 and thats about it. However, they are nuts over Ghostbusters. Thats a plus!:hi5:

I futzed a little. Deciding if I want to snip the threads on the hood, the back two kind of make it stick out on the sides a little. Otherwise, I love this figure. Didn't take much to get his feet close to the ground. I won't be able to get proper pics until this weekend.

IMG_4209.jpg

Great futz job, I think it already looks final display worthy.

I futzed a little. Deciding if I want to snip the threads on the hood, the back two kind of make it stick out on the sides a little. Otherwise, I love this figure. Didn't take much to get his feet close to the ground. I won't be able to get proper pics until this weekend.

View attachment 440269

I have seen the ref pics and they look quite similar to me, at least on pictures. Is the texture actually so different??

Thanks,
m.

yeah its meant to be like a terry towling . if you look at the movie is cloak is very cordelroy sorta looking.
im still happy with it . The old SSC Cloak is more accurate.

I have a pair of Colarado sneakers, the inside material looks very similar to what hot toys used

To me it looks like those fabric-y bags with the draw string that some new sunglasses come in, though in brighter light it looks like the plastic weed matting you put down on garden beds.

I guess it was the closest they could find to that waffle-like pattern. It must be super hard finding fabrics that are thin enough and also pose well when the costume fabric is so specific looking.

You almost wonder with some of these fabrics if they are custom manufactured for HT.

Back