Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
77c410b9671a1f52edd240a764943fc1.jpeg
f763a4ca677d5a47843a8a8d8dbace43.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

My wallet is curious to know if this will be a simultaneous release with HK like all the recent releases.

Why couldn't the blue-man supporting player from GOTG look like Tom Cruise instead of my HT farmboy Luke Skywalker?:dunno

Right? To me most of the SW line from HT is a failure. I didn’t buy them.

I only own Jedi Luke, SS 3Po, R2 and Vader.

Kinda sad my 1/6 SW collection has more SS in it than HT....

I might get ESB Leia if they do ESB Han and he looks good....

Im hoping the production paint doesn’t change and it looks just like the promo shots but it most likely will. Tarkin for example, excellent figure and one of my favorites, came out lookin tanned and 10 years younger due to different production paint apps.

Yeah I'm still feeling pretty underwhelmed and let down by my Tarkin due to the paint job (which I'm still hoping to tweak at some point), and I'd hate for that to happen with this figure too.

Yeah I'm still feeling pretty underwhelmed and let down by my Tarkin due to the paint job (which I'm still hoping to tweak at some point), and I'd hate for that to happen with this figure too.

I thought the Tarkin sculpt was universally praised.

HTs has to go full B/D Murphy head sculpt on the Emperor. Really hope they do him justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarkin? That old bar has been surpassed already; that's so February. :lol

Seriously though, I still think Tarkin is one of HT's best figures this year. Up there with Yondu (but much simpler).

Tarkin? That old bar has been surpassed already; that's so February.

Haha true enough.

For me my bar is set at the Robocop 2 pack with Murphy and BD Murphy. Best likenesses I have in my collection.

It could be tough though. The Emperor has a ton of detail both in the sculpt and the colouring. It will be tricky....i am praying it turns out though. The only major sixth scale SW piece I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the sculpt for Tarkin is still amazing, but with that paint job it still doesn't look nearly as good as the proto.

Tarkin? That old bar has been surpassed already; that's so February. :lol

Seriously though, I still think Tarkin is one of HT's best figures this year. Up there with Yondu (but much simpler).

I agree. Sculpt, likeness is uncanny, and tailoring is top notch. Just wish he was aged more... paler skin and those liver spots would be killer. I feel sketchy attempting any paint mods to the sculpt since I am not too savvy in that department... maybe someday.

I agree. Sculpt, likeness is uncanny, and tailoring is top notch. Just wish he was aged more... paler skin and those liver spots would be killer. I feel sketchy attempting any paint mods to the sculpt since I am not too savvy in that department... maybe someday.

He does suffer from the usual “tan” look all caucasian figures have.

The brown hair on Tarkin killed it for me. I want to want it, but I just don't.

Wait, people on here are actually being negative about the Tarkin figure?? What is happening...

Healthly and productive critique!?
Tarkin is a great figure,
Yondu is perfect.

Lets hope Palps here gets the flesh tone correct.

Back