Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Healthly and productive critique!?
Tarkin is a great figure,
Yondu is perfect.

Lets hope Palps here gets the flesh tone correct.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Which one?
a9386e9bd5294113552dab0e8808fb31.jpg

be38101d95950e0e38b82294de8aac00.jpg

d6684877094564d2db45fc3ae7949d0f.jpg

8f836f717265a711aaa0d1a1618fb98d.jpg

ffdde3d281cdef72dd2d1d938aad9577.jpg

ROTFL!

Man seeing those you realize how great this figure will be!

I found this today....never seen an auction for a pre release this high?
a4f13165b6a646468717af3912e12bd8.png

I don’t really have an issue with the hair color on Tarkin.

gallery-1477442709-tarkin2.jpg

giphy.gif

It may not be balls on accurate, but it seems accurate enough to me.

Cushing wasnt all gray in IV, its probably the tan. IE how dark side Anakin's pale paintjob arguably looks better then the regular figure.

Don’t get me wrong. Tarkin is one of my best figures. Stands out so well and he is the one figure that my wife says looks creepy... like a lil only man in the display case. Just wish he had paler skin. Hair doesn’t bother me. When lit up looks fine.

My only complaint (aside from having to glue the magnet on the flap) about Tarkin is that I wish those frigging dosimeters should have been mounted in the outfit already perfectly placed. I used tweezers to place mine and they still look a little off to me.

My only problem with tarkin was not the hair color, it was the fact that on the movie he has a bald spot on the back but depending on your oled it shows a hint of brown on his hair and not all grey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only complaint (aside from having to glue the magnet on the flap) about Tarkin is that I wish those frigging dosimeters should have been mounted in the outfit already perfectly placed. I used tweezers to place mine and they still look a little off to me.

My only problem with the Tarkin figure is I don't have him yet.

The brown hair on Tarkin killed it for me. I want to want it, but I just don't.

I'm pretty sure his hair was brown though.

I don’t really have an issue with the hair color on Tarkin.

gallery-1477442709-tarkin2.jpg

giphy.gif

It may not be balls on accurate, but it seems accurate enough to me.

When it comes to hair color HT seem obsessed on using metallic gold,copper and bronze paint on some of the figs...old man solo,farmboy luke and Tarkin all suffer for it...especially Tarkin as the brown hair is more Hammer horror Cushing than SW...

View attachment 426582View attachment 426584View attachment 426583View attachment 426581

Cushings hair was grey with brown streaks....

Bravoe BTW, never seen that last pic...

Yeah, it’s true that HT seems to have trouble with getting colors right on sculpted hair, if it isn’t black.

When it comes to hair color HT seem obsessed on using metallic gold,copper and bronze paint on some of the figs...old man solo,farmboy luke and Tarkin all suffer for it...especially Tarkin as the brown hair is more Hammer horror Cushing than SW...

I think ROTJ Luke is the first figure where that metallic bronze color actually kinda works.

Any color on Tarkin except is right. All the lights, angles, it looks different every time.

I think ROTJ Luke is the first figure where that metallic bronze color actually kinda works.

Yup...that figure is growing to become one of my favorites.....

It suffers in pictures, get all distorted close up. But honestly from the normal 3 foot viewing spot.....its pretty damn perfect.

Wonder how many people are gonna use the lightning accessory, nice to have but seems like most won't display him with it.

Until they come with a remote , its really a waste for all lights

Back