Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They finally decided to release the pictures of the royal guard on fb
f558441eb89aa2502409082bcaa33c76.jpg

Leta hope palpatine is not too far behind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I would be expecting pictures very soon but in these strange times who knows if we will even see any before it starts hitting doorsteps...

Yep. We'll either see blogger pics next week... or we'll see someone's in-hand photo a week before arriving at Sideshow in Oct.

Dunno Wor....

Didnt see anything for the RG until they appeared here.

I doubt there will be any lead pics until release. And that will be luck of the draw if who just gets first shipping.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

You want this, dont you...

Most anticipated figure of the year for me. How many "decent" emperor figures are there out there? It's the about 10 year old Sideshow 1:6 which was decent for it's time, and their premium format one. I think that's it?

So here is a question.

With robe gate in full swing in RG world, what will you do it your Emperor robe is poorly colored and or stained.

Seems like HT is having issues with what should be the simplest chore of dying something Single color...

Force lightning..

I guess the factory they use for clothes are very generous with the dye

So here is a question.

With robe gate in full swing in RG world, what will you do it your Emperor robe is poorly colored and or stained.

Seems like HT is having issues with what should be the simplest chore of dying something Single color...

They can't fail the Emperor, they only have one shot and it is a long awaited figure.
I'm wondering what Quality Control was doing at the factories. You can't sell +200$ figures like that thinking it would be probably OK.
Does anyone have the confirmation that Hot Toys allows official reseller to refund/exchange the RG? I have sent them back last Sunday but no reply from my reseller at this moment...

Oh man. How bad is it with the royal guards? Couldn’t find a thread. If anyone has the link handy could you post it here? Thanks.

So here is a question.

Given his pale skin and black robe/hood, staining will be a distinct possibility for this figure.

It just seems like black clothing that's close to pale skin is always an issue for 1/6 figures.

Luke Jedi you kind of got away with because it's really only the collar that touches, and it can be gently futzed away to some degree.

Oh man. How bad is it with the royal guards? Couldn’t find a thread. If anyone has the link handy could you post it here? Thanks.

I always have trouble finding threads within the forum, the easiest way is to go to Google and search"sideshow freaks royal guard" - that's how I found it this morning (I was intrigued to see the details even though I have no plans to get the guards...)

I really wished Palpatine had some alternate face sculpts...
Serious face with a closed mouth,
And a scowling force lightning killing face

I really wished Palpatine had some alternate face sculpts...
Serious face with a closed mouth,
And a scowling force lightning killing face

Yeah, Palps is 100% a figure that needs a calm/mocking face and an angry face. Really unfortunate HT didn't do that.

Back