Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys should do what they did with their batman armoury and give us 3 versions of this. One with maybe just the emperor, one with the emperor and chair and one with the emperor, chair and two guards.

Hot toys should do what they did with their batman armoury and give us 3 versions of this. One with maybe just the emperor, one with the emperor and chair and one with the emperor, chair and two guards.

I wish they had done this too.

I am not saying they are trying to fool anyone, but as a seasoned photo editor , there is definitely “smudging” going on at round the cheek area , specifically the right side of the photos. In a single shot, I would say bad focus, but the smudge is in every shot....except the one where they specifically cover that part of the face with the robe..

The may be fixing the sculpt , but decided to put out a preorder first and digitally correct the complaints first to see if they got more interests and excitement.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think these companies create multiple sculpts of a character, in which they will have something to fall back on in the case of people not liking the original?

Do you think these companies create multiple sculpts of a character, in which they will have something to fall back on in the case of people not liking the original?

No. Also, that theory about they keeping the old sculpt but photoshopping it so well it works great, BUT, they do a poor job with the cheeks, leaving them 'smudged', well, I'm honestly not buying it. There are too many angles on the pictures, there are also videos. Also, it would be really stupid doing a new sculpt but leave the cheeks unfinished or something. I'm more inclined to think that the paint does that smudged effect and there's nothing wrong with the sculpt.

All of the promo shots that Hot Toys puts out have some photoshop going on... I am not buying the conspiracy :)

Yeah whatever "blurring" is going on is probably just the result of the heavy editing that's being done to the entire picture (changing contrast levels, adjusting color temperature, etc).

I'm really tickled because I sold my SSC Emperor and throne for $500 on eBay a few years back.

Sorry to the sucker that bought that set from me. :p

There’s a video of the sculpt. Conspiracy debunked.
Hey did I mention I sold my SS Palps some years ago for 400.00? :)

Wonder if the Throne will have the Led light up function controlled with a remote... hope so,, opening up the display cabinet to turn it on and off can get rather annoying!

Last edited:
Wonder if the Throne will have the Led light up function controlled with a remote... hope so,, opening up then display cabinet to turn it on and off can get rather annoying!

I've never done it myself, however there were plenty of people hard wiring their Hulkbusters to turn on lights with a remote. So that's going to be my plan should the throne be a pain to turn on or off. In fact I may try to wire it to my display lighting which is already on remote. That would be cool.

Wonder if the Throne will have the Led light up function controlled with a remote... hope so,, opening up then display cabinet to turn it on and off can get rather annoying!

Yeah I doubt it....

Would be nice though.....I will probably rewire it to attach directly to the low voltage LED setup I have.

Will take some testing to be sure it’s not gonna melt something.

There’s a video of the sculpt. Conspiracy debunked.
Hey did I mention I sold my SS Palps some years ago for 400.00? :)

Damn.......

Yes you mentioned it. Now did you invest that 400.00 in a good portfolio and can now use the interest to pay for new Palps?

Timewalker raised the Deluxe price by $5 and also removed the Guard conbo pack, ********* I was just going to order.

Why a full year? Something tells me they just want to unload all of their worthless TLJ junk.

It's always funny when people are like "I sold my Palps years ago for $400!" - I mean the HT Emperor likely isn't coming out until March of next year, so in the end you'll have been without a decent Palps (and yeah, though I've never seen it in-hand, the SSC Palps was pretty decent - the reason the price went way-up) for many years by choice.:dunno

It's great to get a crazy price for a fig (I sold my SSC Greedo for an insane price, only because I made a custom fig that looked much more like ANH Greedo to me) but I never understand the desire to sell things that you actually really want in your display, have that "hole" in your fig display for many years, only to buy a better version for much more all those years later (HT Palps is shipping almost a decade after SSC Palps.)

It's like really wanting a farmboy Luke for years, but waiting for the ultra-real mega HT version that comes out in 2037... just in time for your funeral.:lol

People who managed to sell SSC Palps for $$$ in the last six months - now they're the smart ones however.:lecture

Sideshow got to them.

I feel like such an ******* for not ordering, I mentioned the deal in several places and was just gonna wait to order today bc I was at work yesterday. I emailed them and to get said they won’t be offering it again and that they were astonished at how fast they sold out. I don’t know what HT was thinking to not do a 2 pack. Going so far as to mentio offering a deal in HK about ordering 2. Just make a set! They do it all the time.

Back