Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do think they?ll do a ST Emperor. He?s an OT character. Not including troopers or droids, I think the figures this film will spawn are Rey, Kylo and Emperor. Maybe a dark side Rey, but I?d say more no than yes.

Although if I had to choose between the two when it comes to Palps, I?d say HT would more likely do a PT version, since that one would include his lightsaber.

Either way, I only need one Palps in my SW collection, and this one is it.
Hahah I want a Palps from each trilogy to show how he has stood against so many. His power on screen is incredible. I would need 2 for the PT: Chancellor vs Mace, and Emperor vs Yoda.

I also really want a Snoke with Throne for a TLJ set up. I already have Kylo and Rey on order. If we got a ST Palps, I would get Rey and Ben to go with him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is Palpatine more powerful in the OT or PT? I know Legends he was very very powerful.
It seems like PT only because he needed to use more of his power. He uses the lightsaber against 5 Jedi Masters in total, as well as force telekinesis, force jumping, and force lightning. In the OT, we only see lightning, but at that point there was really no one left to go against him.

It seems like PT only because he needed to use more of his power. He uses the lightsaber against 5 Jedi Masters in total, as well as force telekinesis, force jumping, and force lightning. In the OT, we only see lightning, but at that point there was really no one left to go against him.

Yeah I agree with that. What era is Legends Palpatine?

Yeah I agree with that. What era is Legends Palpatine?
Legends Palpatine is usually thought of as Post-ROTJ, so technically pseudo-sequel trilogy. There wasn't too much legends material of Palpatine during PT, with the only real source being the Plagueis novel (but that will always be canon to me as it's near perfect; they couldn't write his origin better if they tried).

Even though I’d personally have no interest in either, between a ST and PT Palps, I’d be more apt to get a RotS Palps for the lightsaber.

Even though I’d personally have no interest in either, between a ST and PT Palps, I’d be more apt to get a RotS Palps for the lightsaber.

I'm sure HT will get around to a ROS Palpatine. They have dabbled with a few figures from each of the PT but not finished the line of main characters probably gauging sales/interest.

EPI = Qui Gon and Darth maul (still missing padiwon Obi wan)
EPII = Yoda, Count Dooku, Padme announced, Jango Fett announced (still missing Padiwan Anakin and clone troopers)
EPIII = Anankin, DS Anakin, Obi Wan, Kit Fitso announced (still missing Mace Windu, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious)

I'm sure HT will get around to a ROS Palpatine. They have dabbled with a few figures from each of the PT but not finished the line of main characters probably gauging sales/interest.

EPI = Qui Gon and Darth maul (still missing padiwon Obi wan)
EPII = Yoda, Count Dooku, Padme announced, Jango Fett announced (still missing Padiwan Anakin and clone troopers)
EPIII = Anankin, DS Anakin, Obi Wan, Kit Fitso announced (still missing Mace Windu, Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious)
Danggg yeah I need Mace and Sidious/Palpatine! I'd also go in on AOTC Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, and Jango. I love these characters.

Danggg yeah I need Mace and Sidious/Palpatine! I'd also go in on AOTC Anakin, Obi-Wan, Padme, and Jango. I love these characters.

Despite all the "negative backlash" on the ST going on, it's great to see posts like this because the PT was just as reviled when it came out. In 20 years posts like this will be being made for ST figures (or by then biomechanical replicas).

Despite all the "negative backlash" on the ST going on, it's great to see posts like this because the PT was just as reviled when it came out. In 20 years posts like this will be being made for ST figures (or by then biomechanical replicas).
Haha thanks! I've always loved the PT because I grew up with it. I actually never even knew people hated it until like 10 years ago lol. I was kinda shocked.

I also love the ST despite the flaws. To me, Star Wars is just a great 9 to 11 (I like Solo and Rogue One) part story. I love them all in different ways.

So all these characters have a special place in my heart and I have a strong attachment to the PT characters. I'll help keep this PT train going for HT haha.

Yeah, Kathleen Kenedy, as a tribute for her relentless efforts so far for StarWars.

I would seriously love a figure of Kathleen Kennedy.

It would go in my shelf of shame display along with:

- Jar-Jar
- Little Ani
- Rose Tico
- Holdo
- Dexter Jettster
- JJ Abrams
- Rian Johnson

I would seriously purchase all of the above.

- Jar-Jar
- Little Ani
- Rose Tico
- Holdo
- Dexter Jettster
- JJ Abrams
- Rian Johnson

You forgot Threepio battle droid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Jar-Jar
- Little Ani
- Rose Tico
- Holdo
- Dexter Jettster
- JJ Abrams
- Rian Johnson

nope just a two pack figure with Aunt Beru as ashes (both come as a pile of ashes) to match the Hopes and Dreams of all Butt-Hurt Star Wars fans!

Back