Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly the reason why I went for the deluxe edition, and I'm happy I did :yess:

It's such an iconic piece of accessory, which accompanied Palpatine since prequel trilogy:

View attachment 472761

The one i like the most is his throne from the Invisible Hand.
I doubt HT will ever make that one(See how long we waited for the ROTJ one!), so i had to make my own.

Keep waiting then, the price might go up and you'll have to pay $150 or more anyway. ;) But the best way is to follow if someone one the forums or FB groups sells theirs

Keep waiting then, the price might go up and you'll have to pay $150 or more anyway. ;) But the best way is to follow if someone one the forums or FB groups sells theirs

Yeah. I don?t mind the $100 price. It?s the $50 shipping that seems a bit on the high side.
I was always hoping someone on here would offload one.
But I do prefer the one from ROTS.

f087d4844706f164964b7dd40669bcec.jpg

My guess is that TROS Palpatine will be the next HT reveal.
I hope so. He wouldn't release until mid 2021, so I would def order. Do you think they make the throne or the med arm? Those would be so legit. There are some amazing designs in TROS.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hope so. He wouldn't release until mid 2021, so I would def order. Do you think they make the throne or the med arm? Those would be so legit. There are some amazing designs in TROS.

Both of those would be problematic due to size. I worry they'll do the majority of either as a cardboard background (like sitting part of the throne is sculpted but then there's a larger backer that's cardboard that "completes" the throne.)

Yet he never stands, so they have to do something. My guess is they just do the robot/crane arm up to a certain point. I'd probably rather have that than a 50/50 plastic/cardboard throne.

Both of those would be problematic due to size. I worry they'll do the majority of either as a cardboard background (like sitting part of the throne is sculpted but then there's a larger backer that's cardboard that "completes" the throne.)

Yet he never stands, so they have to do something. My guess is they just do the robot/crane arm up to a certain point. I'd probably rather have that than a 50/50 plastic/cardboard throne.
Yeah I could see the arm extending a little bit above his head, but definitely not full size. I'm curious to see how they do it.

I could see a DX07-esque arm that?s just kind of a partial. Although I?m not sure if the demand would be enough to justify something that elaborate.

I could see a DX07-esque arm that?s just kind of a partial. Although I?m not sure if the demand would be enough to justify something that elaborate.

I don't remember how elaborate the crane arm was further away from his body, but yeah the weather vane is probably a good template.

I was waiting for TRoS to pull the trigger on this RotJ version just in case any new version looked cool enough to make this one less appealing to me.
Well I saw it, and decided to pull the trigger on RotJ. The Emperor makeup still has never looked better than in RotJ. This is still his best look.

However down the road, I could still potentially be tempted by a RoS version based on his first initial appearance in that. The whole undead thing he had going on was pretty cool.

Palps in TRoS looked evil as ever to me. Not sure if it was because his face was shrouded in darkness and you could see the yellow glow of his Sith eyes, but he looked more sinister to me in TRoS than RotJ.

Actually I was kinda surprised how little aging makeup they gave him early on in the movie. The heavy brow wrinkles and bags under the eyes were gone, and they basically just seemed to rely on white contacts and grayish face paint. It wasn't until he was "rejuvenated" at the end that he started to have the familiar features again.

Palps in TRoS looked evil as ever to me. Not sure if it was because his face was shrouded in darkness and you could see the yellow glow of his Sith eyes, but he looked more sinister to me in TRoS than RotJ.

Palps was one of the stand outs for TROS, but I still dig ROTJ Palps more. The make up was more convincing and sometimes less is more. Loved the lounging Palps that grossly underestimated Luke, had a blindspot with Vader and was kind of complacent because of his power. Compare that to the Palps that kind of made a show of his power to Rey and had a giant evil robot arm attached.

His red robe look was pretty cool though. Wonder if they'll make a TROS palps.

Yeah his shadowed face most of the time seemed to look fatter.

Palps was one of the stand outs for TROS, but I still dig ROTJ Palps more. The make up was more convincing and sometimes less is more. Loved the lounging Palps that grossly underestimated Luke, had a blindspot with Vader and was kind of complacent because of his power. Compare that to the Palps that kind of made a show of his power to Rey and had a giant evil robot arm attached.

His red robe look was pretty cool though. Wonder if they'll make a TROS palps.

Ian McDiarmid was younger and slimmer in ROTJ. While he again played well the sinister Palpatine in TROS, his thin skinny ROTJ Emperor remains my favorite, he is like a vampire that lives with the life-force of the others.

Back