Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the follow-up, bensmitty234! The photos really illustrate the problems. Truly a drag that the spots are all in highly visible places on the throne. I hope Sideshow follows through for you.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this issue? I'd heard about bad electronics, now this.....anyone who has this piece have anything to add here?

I remember someone stating that their throne had some waves and deformities due to the thermal injection molding of the plastic/heat transfer.

I remember someone stating that their throne had some waves and deformities due to the thermal injection molding of the plastic/heat transfer.

Yeah, I think it has to do with installing the light-up bits. Seemed everyone has wobbles near the arm rests and on top of the overhead light. Maybe hot-gluing warped those areas to varying degrees.

Jeez. Those look like drips and droplets on the control area... new guy in the paint dept?? Mine has i tiny scratch on the side of the throne, I’m “ok” with it - only noticeble highly lit at a certain angle - and don’t feel it’s big enough of a hassle to send back to BBTS. There’s some slight warping on the top of mine, not perfectly smooth, but it’s not that bad.

You know, I was perfectly content with my Sideshow Exclusive version from years ago... until you guys started posting in-hand pictures! Just ordered one from BBTS.

Somebody owes me $220 for sucking me into yet another Hot Toys purchase...

Has anyone commented on QC issues with this set yet?

Seems my EU distributor is still waiting for the perfect throne without any blemishes... They didn't say much more but I get it alas. HT seems to have dropped the ball on too many thrones

Thanks so much for the follow-up, bensmitty234! The photos really illustrate the problems. Truly a drag that the spots are all in highly visible places on the throne. I hope Sideshow follows through for you.

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this issue? I'd heard about bad electronics, now this.....anyone who has this piece have anything to add here?

Nothing noticeably bad or lackluster on mine, except for the aforementioned wobbliness at the top. The paint looks good and uniform, no scratches and the electronics have been on for a few hours every day for a week.

Honestly, I’m really happy with this.

Reported paint discoloration on mine a while ago.

P1040795.JPG

Got news from my retailer last week as he informed me a replacement was on the way. Crossing fingers this one will be issue free.

Oh boy... thanks for chiming in with photos and comments about the issues some folks are having with the throne.
Now I'm unsure if I will get this or not. I'm not the gambling type. Still on the fence.

Got the standard version and no regrets. Dont let possible throne qc keep you on the fence, it's a great figure.

Throne chair added so much presence to the display...you guys will regret not getting the deluxe version later.

That's not about issues. I don't like him sitting and I don't have space. Even if I had space and it had no flaws, I'd prefer standard version.

Throne is nice but it's when he stands up **** gets real in the movie. Plus I could not justify to myself paying 1:1 price for a 1:6 chair :wink1:

I have only had the lights on a few times but already they have blown. Why can’t hot toys do electronics? Is it worth contacting sideshow-I mean it’s not like I’m going to have the lights on 24/7 but for the price of this item I feel like the lighting should work....

I could never understand the people who get all breathless over light up features. The lights could fail at anytime devaluing the figure and chair.

That's not about issues. I don't like him sitting and I don't have space. Even if I had space and it had no flaws, I'd prefer standard version.

Throne is nice but it's when he stands up **** gets real in the movie. Plus I could not justify to myself paying 1:1 price for a 1:6 chair :wink1:

My sentiments also. No regrets here getting the standard version, I got what I wanted and got him posed exactly how I always wanted.

A few quality issues aside, it seems Hot Toys did a good job with this release. For me, the throne was essential for what i had in mind. With the two versions, everybody walked away happy.

Back