Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can get past the "I made imperial poopie in my pants" expression on his face. He was evil incarnate, not Mr. Giggles....

Seriously though...that expression would've been good fo an alternate portrait and have the regular one be a more determined sinister one.

Gets my vote for most underwhelming figure out of the box.:lol

It grows on you though - he's cemented his place in my ROTJ display. I don't recommend people get the DX though - I really have seen very few pics of him seated that look good and it's just a fig that needs to be displayed standing. After a lot of work I found a seated pose that I liked well enough but it was still kinda underwhelming.

Yeah, the expression is very specific. I think it fits better for standing poses though as well; I have mine in a standing pose and I think it fits perfectly.

I'm glad to hear you guys say this. I went through a world of regret not ordering the DX... but am now glad I didn't bother with the throne.

Umm... that being said, the throne is a super-nice piece.:lol

It has several issues (color, a few accuracy nits, a few people with with QC issues myself included,) but the light-up feature is very cool.

I love the throne and think the deluxe is one of the best 1/6 bargains in the last couple years. But even I admit it's difficult to make a seated pose look natural. Looks terrific having him stand next to it though. If you think you will want the throne grab it now, I expect this set will be an expensive one down the line once it's sold out.

I received my Emperor this morning. I paid the extra and got the deluxe set. It's a really set.
436de9183c1fcbcbdc9077968119130e.jpg
bc26a223b81c1b3a81d4ac80edb890ae.jpg
867a4e533c462eb94c9c0ff0c2abce56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Haha! I does! The LED lights are very well done on the chair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gets my vote for most underwhelming figure out of the box.:lol

It grows on you though - he's cemented his place in my ROTJ display. I don't recommend people get the DX though - I really have seen very few pics of him seated that look good and it's just a fig that needs to be displayed standing. After a lot of work I found a seated pose that I liked well enough but it was still kinda underwhelming.

Yeah I've had mine for a few weeks now and still haven't tried him in the throne, since he looks so damn good standing. I do like the throne as a display piece and don't plan to sell it now that I have it.... but if I could go back and order again I'd probably just stick with the standard version.

I have only had the lights on a few times but already they have blown. Why can’t hot toys do electronics? Is it worth contacting sideshow-I mean it’s not like I’m going to have the lights on 24/7 but for the price of this item I feel like the lighting should work....

Wow Emperor just arrived. Very damn cool release, posing in chair pretty easy just have bit patience and pose sitting b4 seat him. I still need try light effects very impressive release.

The Emperor completes the piece nicely.

(When I bought my first Hot Toys I barely wanted to handle it, now I had the x-acto knife ready to cut the hood stitches.)

IMG_2098.jpg

Awesome shots!

Umm... that being said, the throne is a super-nice piece.:lol

It has several issues (color, a few accuracy nits, a few people with with QC issues myself included,) but the light-up feature is very cool.

I have only had the lights on a few times but already they have blown. Why can’t hot toys do electronics? Is it worth contacting sideshow-I mean it’s not like I’m going to have the lights on 24/7 but for the price of this item I feel like the lighting should work....

Aw man, I have mine coming next week. How rampant are the QC issues? What are they?

Back