Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:clap
wait for it...

Attachments

• 46965427512_d26558854a_k.jpg
    46965427512_d26558854a_k.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 229
This figure needs work for a nice display...I can't get him down in the chair...he keeps banging his head...

Thanks for the kind words, guys. ��

I have one nitpick and that’s it. I love the sculpting, the clothes, the throne and everything, but the eyes should be brighter yellow.

Did you see my subtle lightening of the eyes? Yeah, I agree- steller figure that I just wish they would have painted the eyes like DS Ani.

Attachments

• 47017401001_571a04cbae_k.jpg
    47017401001_571a04cbae_k.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 253
My Palps has a new Apprentice....

7a72015b3ba4b3e97fae8a15f1381fc2.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Get his position close before putting in the throne. And don't be afraid to really use his ab joint to the max which will help with the height issue too

Yeah, I had no issues. Palpatine was super chillaxed when he was sitting on the throne in the movie, and the figure can easily represent it.

Did you see my subtle lightening of the eyes? Yeah, I agree- steller figure that I just wish they would have painted the eyes like DS Ani.

Something like that. The eyes on this Palpatine are pretty regular looking.

I thought about photoshopping the eyes like you did but I try to not use Photoshop unless absolutely necessary and I didn’t want to misrepresent the figure.

Finally got them all squeezed into the detolf....

Its got a look you cannot ignore!

df1d1329e49b7eb3107884f9fcd80d22.jpg

8e7778f6f66640a971c1fe9f4257925b.jpg

c4ad95f44b92ef76d4600466c7014d79.jpg

One payment left on my deluxe emperor due march 5th but might pay around the 25th of this month been a long wait lol

Has anyone commented on QC issues with this set yet?

I had lots of scratches/paint smudges on my throne that I reported to Sideshow. Sure enough, the second throne that I got from them has similar problems. Still waiting for a response from them on that. Until then, Palpy has 2 thrones that are unworthy of him. As we all know, he's not the forgiving type. :lol

Product description says 7" scale but that looks awful close to 1/6? Interesting....

Its VERY close to 1/6. I would say they are between 1/6 and 1/5......

Call it 1/5.5

Slightly over scaled, but you really have to look for it

I had lots of scratches/paint smudges on my throne that I reported to Sideshow. Sure enough, the second throne that I got from them has similar problems. Still waiting for a response from them on that. Until then, Palpy has 2 thrones that are unworthy of him. As we all know, he's not the forgiving type. :lol

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems - I hope Sideshw can get it sorted for you. Where are the paint issues? On the front? Around the details like the controls? Part of the finish? Any additional details (and a shot or two) would be appreciated. I'm on the fence about this one...the biggest thing holding me back is the throne. All of the photos and videos make it look really cheap. Want to be wrong here.

"Any hep here wud be hot!"

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems - I hope Sideshw can get it sorted for you. Where are the paint issues? On the front? Around the details like the controls? Part of the finish? Any additional details (and a shot or two) would be appreciated. I'm on the fence about this one...the biggest thing holding me back is the throne. All of the photos and videos make it look really cheap. Want to be wrong here.

"Any hep here wud be hot!"

It generally looks really great. The sculpting is especially fantastic. There are just random splotches and scratches on the thrones I received. I mostly blame bad drying and shipping issues on Hot Toy's end more than anything. One of the pluses from ordering from Sideshow is that they're generally really great at providing replacements. I've had a few issues in the past year and they were good at following up on them. Here are some pics to show you what I've been dealing with:

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Back