Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me it looks like those fabric-y bags with the draw string that some new sunglasses come in, though in brighter light it looks like the plastic weed matting you put down on garden beds.

I guess it was the closest they could find to that waffle-like pattern. It must be super hard finding fabrics that are thin enough and also pose well when the costume fabric is so specific looking.

You almost wonder with some of these fabrics if they are custom manufactured for HT.

The Fabric is easy to find , the SSC 1/6 Emperor had the correct Fabric

I was a little worried hearing so many of you are having issues futzing this guy properly, especially with the hood and chair, but I really love how he turned out.

In person, I think the figure looks great even straight out of the box with very little to no futzing. It’s the iPhone6 camera of mine that’s not able to capture him properly. So even though my photos make it look like he’s a bit awkward, really is amazing in hand. I’m sure that’s the case for most of us... Even though posting photos of our figures are a large part of the fun of collecting lol

8b115565177866fa9a9bfcc406d351a2.jpg
93828e681712ad0ce3242be68efb4d50.jpg
c59df1fb93a4207fa0121169a41242ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its meant to be like a terry towling . if you look at the movie is cloak is very cordelroy sorta looking.
im still happy with it . The old SSC Cloak is more accurate.

OK I will check that out. Thanks.
Anyways, is there anyone in this room owning both versions of Palps? If affirmative, could any of you happy bi-owners take and post some close-ups of the 2 fabrics?
Thanxalot!
m.

EDIT: got lucky, found a nice close-up on SSC Palp's robe...

s-l1600.jpg

You are right... Texture on SSC's is much finer than on HT's. Also, sleeves look long enough (right?), and the clasp looks smaller (I don't care if it is inaccurate, I do prefer it smaller!). On the other hand, seams on this one seem as visible as on HT's:

s-l1600.jpg
Review_SCEmperorPalpatineSithMaster014.jpg
Review_SCEmperorPalpatineSithMaster010.jpg

Again, question to those owning SSC's version: does it have wires running through it? Hood and sleeves?

In person, I think the figure looks great even straight out of the box with very little to no futzing. It’s the iPhone6 camera of mine that’s not able to capture him properly. So even though my photos make it look like he’s a bit awkward, really is amazing in hand. I’m sure that’s the case for most of us... Even though posting photos of our figures are a large part of the fun of collecting lol

8b115565177866fa9a9bfcc406d351a2.jpg
93828e681712ad0ce3242be68efb4d50.jpg
c59df1fb93a4207fa0121169a41242ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful pictures.
Think I'm going to open mine. Was saving it for my birthday.

Hasbro? We're putting $20 doll clothes on $200 figures?

Bad enough people are suggesting that the Sideshow Emperor robe is better than the HT.

Yeah, that’s a hot mess. Not likely gonna snuggle with it in bed & if i do I’m removing the outer cloak first.

Hasbro? We're putting $20 doll clothes on $200 figures?

Bad enough people are suggesting that the Sideshow Emperor robe is better than the HT.

I can see where the suggestion is coming from though. The texture on the hasbro is pretty good... but I don't think it would look good or set well on him. That hood had to be sewn to the head for it to sit. :lol

Back