Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie prop looks closest to HT on screen imo. And in hand the sideshow robe om my old SS emperor is like a dry rag vs the Hot Toys robe, it's no contest in hand.

I can see where the suggestion is coming from though. The texture on the hasbro is pretty good... but I don't think it would look good or set well on him. That hood had to be sewn to the head for it to sit. :lol

No, the Hasbro one is almost like a light sweater fabric - it only has lines, not waffle pattern. It also doesn't pose anywhere near as well as the HT one, though I'd argue the hasbro one has better length sleeves. I know a few people felt the Hasbro one was better than the Sideshow robe though.

I was thinking of somehow using the speaker box from the Hasbro Emproer though. It has all the juicy Palps phrases and still sounds about as good as a HT sound feature would.

I have the Hasbro fig right next to the HT one but it would be a pain to undress HT Palps, though in pics from earlier in the thread he did seem to enjoy getting that robe off.:dunno

I got mine today.
Sadly, I wasn't overly impressed with him..I guess I have just been looking at too many photos of him and set myself up.
I also got ESB Fett a couple of days ago..That, I was impressed with. oh well.

I got mine today.
Sadly, I wasn't overly impressed with him..I guess I have just been looking at too many photos of him and set myself up.

Give it a day or two... he grows on you. Not really "wow" out of the box admittedly.

I got mine today.

Yeah, same. I thought Palps and the throne were pretty meh out of the box actually. The giant hands vs undersize head really bugged me too. It was just when I began futzing and posing that the fig came alive for me, though I'm still not happy with the hands in terms of paint, sculpt (none of the poses really scream Palps to me) and of course size. It's certainly not one of those figs you open the box and go "Ooooo!"

And yeah, HT ESB Fett was a really impressive fig right out of the box that I thought was going to be pretty meh.

Hasbro? We're putting $20 doll clothes on $200 figures?

Bad enough people are suggesting that the Sideshow Emperor robe is better than the HT.

Emperor-Palpatine-meme-from-Star-Wars.jpg
...and read again btw.
m.

I love the Emperor and throne it’s a great figure and has an amazing sculpt.

I would say it and Tarkin are my favorites due to the sculpts.

Thought I’d share some pics of my setup. As usual pics aren’t great hope you like them.

6b913cc73d5944ee8a457af967c1778a.jpg
b81a258c43feccb37823f81b52d323ab.jpg
55f1f7bbeb1b19d4243a082d3f72a89c.jpg
c943dda0bc95b73b9b7d345221d6cc32.jpg
83cbdbda33762edc03ee6b759444ae43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was like that with my ESB Vader. The first day I was very unimpressed and had buyers remorse but after some adjustments and a week or so I loved it

I took him out of the box and looked at him with fresh eyes. I honestly think I could haves lived without the throne.
The tiny size of him is a bummer and the robe snags a little every time I touch it. Other than that. Right on!

Got mine today! I knew from reading posts that the chair height issue existed - how well do ankle extenders remedy the problem? I've never bought any so which ones would I need? Also, are there any modification tutorials for the hood? It seems so small. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Did a bit of surgery on mine to extend the legs an extra 1/4 inch, and it's amazing how much of a difference just that amount makes. Not only does he look a bit leaner, but the robe drapes a lot better as well since it's no longer bunching on the ground.

20190119_201629.jpg

Unboxed my Deluxe today.

I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Now I understand why there's so many crap futz jobs in this thread ... the freakin' hood is sewn too far back. I was thinking, "Why is it so hard for people to place the hood properly?" Well, that's because Hot Toys screwed the pooch on this one.

This figure basically had one job, look menacing sitting in the throne ... well, he sits there with his feet dangling over the side and his hood falling off the back of his head. And his eyes are too dark. And the robe is too thick.

The inner robe is nice, and I like the cloth boots, but that's about it.

Unboxed my Deluxe today.

I'm pretty underwhelmed.

Now I understand why there's so many crap futz jobs in this thread ... the freakin' hood is sewn too far back. I was thinking, "Why is it so hard for people to place the hood properly?" Well, that's because Hot Toys screwed the pooch on this one.

This figure basically had one job, look menacing sitting in the throne ... well, he sits there with his feet dangling over the side and his hood falling off the back of his head. And his eyes are too dark. And the robe is too thick.

The inner robe is nice, and I like the cloth boots, but that's about it.

Yea when I first mine I just posed him and through him up on the shelf cause I wasn't super impressed but the more I messed with him and tryed diffrent poses he started to be one of my favorites... when it comes to the hood I cut all the stitching holding it to the back front and sides so it comes over his face more you can barely see his face now but gives him that sinister look with the light hitting the bottom of his face...I might try water treating the robe down the line to get it to look a little better but overall I'm happy with him now

Back