Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I have no idea how any "serious" Star Wars 1/6 collector would not have the Emperor in their collection.

I think it all depends on the collector's own preference.
I bought the head and the cloak, and built the ROTS throne(From the Invisible Hand), and that will be more than enough for me. I have never seriously been tempted to buy Vader, and i can't really explain why...
I have Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Maul, but for me(Although i was born in 76, and have been a fan of the OT my whole life, probably like most of you guys), the main original Trilogy HT character's have seldom moved me to buy them. I have ROTJ Luke, TESB Leia, but nothing else. Although i could be tempted by a TESB Han, i'd be on the fence.
You can be a serious collector, but not be a completist with every character, lol.

It's true about collector's preferences for what they choose to display, that's for sure. I get a big variety because I like changing it up a lot.

Enjoying my exploration of this one so far. Still haven't pulled out the throne, but I'm digging the quality of the basic figure here.

"Rise my friend"

HT-EMPEROR-006.jpg

For what is basically a guy in black robe with an ugly face, HT played up the fabric choices with good texture and with the wire assist, the ability to get some expression out of the cloak. It's pretty cool.

HT-EMPEROR-007.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics JB.:clap

The one thing that always bugs me about the cloak outfit is that thick stitched seam that runs from his elbow area up to his shoulder - it's really thick and isn't on the screen costume.

The QC with the throne is the worst I’ve seen for HT. Paint blobs and various other flaws all around them. Sideshow have sent a few but they’re all flawed in some way. Had to pick the best of the bunch.

How does everyone’s look?

The QC with the throne is the worst I’ve seen for HT. Paint blobs and various other flaws all around them. Sideshow have sent a few but they’re all flawed in some way. Had to pick the best of the bunch.

How does everyone’s look?

I returned mine. It had quite noticeable depressions on the face of the front (I think where they soldered the electrics messed up the plastic a bit) In the end I felt it was a much stronger figure standing so didn't get a replacement.

It has inaccuracies (nitpicks really - the color was the inaccuracy that kinda bugged me most,) but its a nice piece with a stellar light-up feature so I can understand people loving him in it.

Great pics JB.:clap

The one thing that always bugs me about the cloak outfit is that thick stitched seam that runs from his elbow area up to his shoulder - it's really thick and isn't on the screen costume.

I agree. And in fact I find it weird that they stitched the pieces on the upper side instead of lower part where it would be out of sight.

You might want to futz the hood a bit, maybe remove the lateral stitches and move it forward a bit as well.

I have been thinking of picking this figure up. Do you think it is worth it to go for the deluxe to get the chair?

Back