Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't get a good shot of this and the plaque is a stand in but this is what I had in mind for a Detolf display that allows Palps feet to touch the floor properly. Plus there’s a figure holder on each side at the back for his guards (as soon as I get a second). The plaque will read THE EMPEROR and ROYAL GUARDS.

8FF62A5D-22F8-42EF-AEC7-0602C56660AF.jpeg

I got the chair and glad that I did! It has definite presence on my shelf. But yes it is Huge, at least in a Detolf.

I couldn't get a good shot of this and the plaque is a stand in but this is what I had in mind for a Detolf display that allows Palps feet to touch the floor properly. Plus there’s a figure holder on each side at the back for his guards (as soon as I get a second). The plaque will read THE EMPEROR and ROYAL GUARDS.

View attachment 457980

Nice idea Coco. So I'm guessing you have a machined relief hole for the chair base to sit in, therefore making the feet closer to the floor.

About that collectors preferences. It’s very true that you can have a great SW collection without the emperor or Luke for that matter. I started out only going for my favorite designs, in my case meaning mainly background characters. And it was a fine collection I think... but since then all of my preferences and my selective direction has totally gone missing and these things are eventually going to push me out of my house... lol

When it comes to the emperor I was kind of satisfied with the one sculpt and though that it would be enough. But since then I am starting to miss an alternate headsculpt - with a less specific expression. It’s a mystery to me why HT didn’t include two sculpts. ...we might figure out why when they rerelease him :-/

Rise of Skywalker version ?? :lol

To be honest I have been half expecting the secondary market to come up with something. However I guess they tend to stay away from Star Wars due to lower popularity in Asia I guess, where most of them tend to be situated.

Nice idea Coco. So I'm guessing you have a machined relief hole for the chair base to sit in, therefore making the feet closer to the floor.

Thanks! You got it. There’s a round cut out to allow the chair to sit down in and a post and crotch grabber set up on each side at the back for his guards (as soon as I get a second one). The plaque will be larger than the one on it now.

Jkno...thanks for the most effective illustration. ..looks really good. irezumi. ..post as many wee pics as you like...looks fantastic.

Snipping the thread on the back of Palpatine's hood is a must for proper futzing and having the hood sufficiently covering his face.

Great photos irezumi, jkno and Coco...:hi5:

Agh! The back thread? I clipped the front ones. Don't know if I want to clip any more.

Anyway, finally pulled out the throne. Looks okay. It does have the slightly wavy/bumpy texture but I'm wondering if that isn't on purpose? The areas around the control switches on the arms look okay..no real warps there. Paint line is sloppy on the "cushion" edge, but I guess since he's sitting, it doesn't show or matter. The lights are really bright, almost too much so, but they look okay.

Pretty beat today, so only one shot for tonight...some moody color...

"You want this, don't you?"

YOU WANT THIS DON'T YOU....jpg

I'll try for some more shots tomorrow (and maybe snip that thread)....keep the cool pics coming, folks!

About that collectors preferences. It’s very true that you can have a great SW collection without the emperor or Luke for that matter. I started out only going for my favorite designs, in my case meaning mainly background characters. And it was a fine collection I think... but since then all of my preferences and my selective direction has totally gone missing and these things are eventually going to push me out of my house... lol

When it comes to the emperor I was kind of satisfied with the one sculpt and though that it would be enough. But since then I am starting to miss an alternate headsculpt - with a less specific expression. It’s a mystery to me why HT didn’t include two sculpts. ...we might figure out why when they rerelease him :-/

:rotfl Exactly what happened to me. When I started, I only wanted creatures and few select figs. Even when SSC did their Vader and Palps, I wasn't interested - then things "changed." I currently have like 100 figs, 90% SW, and well on the way to having pretty much every character anyone would want.:dunno:slap

Sooo my throne lights have stopped working- too late to get a sideshow fix- anyone else have this problem or a solution?? Much appreciated!

Sooo my throne lights have stopped working- too late to get a sideshow fix- anyone else have this problem or a solution?? Much appreciated!

Riddle me this, riddle me that

I have two heads

They never come near

I've many friends, whose death is clear

The lucky ones can live again and again

When I die I'm replaced by a twin.

What am I?

What you *could do* is replace all the electronics. Or get a replacement throne.

Riddle me this, riddle me that

I have two heads

They never come near

I've many friends, whose death is clear

The lucky ones can live again and again

When I die I'm replaced by a twin.

What am I?

or batteries... maybe try batteries *first*, lol.

Back