Hot Toys ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing I hope for in this Vader is a more accurate dome and mask. The one used for the ANH and RO Vaders was very good, but off in many key areas. This is their chance to perfect it so I hope they will not use the same sculpt
No it's not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I decided to replace my ANH DV, do some modifications on the ANH version, and promote the Rogue One DV.

IMG_5672.jpg

IMG_5679.jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

Read what I quoted in that post. Vader's head sculpt is not off in many key areas. That's nonsense.

You mean you don't see that the Hot Toys RO/ANH helmet sufferes from:

1) eye lens swept too far back
2) excessive flare and too high dome
3) neck portion too long and narrow
4) not enough curvature to the "wallow"

Its a good looking figure, but to call it accurate to ANH or RO ....that's nonsense.

BOBBY

Lol agree to disagree. You can put away your magnifying glass now.

It's damn near perfect. But I know this hobby is full of sculpting experts so maybe someday you'll find your perfect figure. I've found mine.

782beae92ebbe52c4c5ccb727dd4f05b.jpg

The kaiyodo mask is really nice. Granted it takes quite a bit of work to make it presentable
56e177745da45cc558a70369b888af09.jpg

Lol agree to disagree. You can put away your magnifying glass now.

It's damn near perfect. But I know this hobby is full of sculpting experts so maybe someday you'll find your perfect figure. I've found mine.

782beae92ebbe52c4c5ccb727dd4f05b.jpg

Cool so have I. But magnifying glasses, laser calipers and at least one OCD disorder are necessary to be a true Freak. ��

BOBBY

Cool so have I. But magnifying glasses, laser calipers and at least one OCD disorder are necessary to be a true Freak. ��

BOBBY

I am interested in screen accuracy, maybe more than most here. And still I think the HT ANH Vader helmet is ok, even without too many mods. Is it perfect? No. Not even the EFX Legend Darth Vader helmet is perfect, neither is the SL one, why would I expect a 1/6 rendition to be. Closer to screen accurate is good, but there will always be a limit there, especially in scaled items.

You mean you don't see that the Hot Toys RO/ANH helmet sufferes from:

1) eye lens swept too far back
2) excessive flare and too high dome
3) neck portion too long and narrow
4) not enough curvature to the "wallow"

Its a good looking figure, but to call it accurate to ANH or RO ....that's nonsense.

BOBBY
Agree...it's a nice sculpt but there's still room for improvement. Here's a comparison of the R1 helmet with my EFX helmet....if they could fix these areas it would look a lot better... View attachment 361397

It's funny. I know that the above photo comparison is supposed to show me how the Hot Toys sculpt falls short, but all I see is just how DANG close they got! It's really magnificent. Makes me want one even more.

I agree. It's certainly a more accurate rendition of the screen helmet than the HT Stormtrooper helmet. Those things are miles away from being "screen accurate" compared to this.

Fellas, agreed, while there is room for improvement, it's the best production head. The Hot Toys sculpt looks best when viewed from below looking up....the Sideshow Vader head when modified looks best if the head is looking down. So depending on the pose in my case, I actually switch heads out as needed.

BOBBY

Looks damn real there.... damn real.

Thanks, bud. I put some Future Floor Shine on the floors to give it that waxed look, like the film. The mirror helps extend the hallway too......then, there's my precious custom helmets.

Did you make those Stormtrooper helmets? They look great.

These are custom helmets that I purchased from a 3D printing company and then customized for 1/6 scale and smoothed, painted and added decals, speaker mics.

Thanks, they are my pride and joy...

Back