Hot Toys ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh never noticed the larger triangular vent. My eye initially looks at his brow to distinguish which version. Hmmm

I did mention that days ago... along with the nose plug fix... but people are focusing on the widow's peak to disprove. New mask, old dome.

Pretty sure there's more new there than meets the eye.

Sometimes all the Vader helmet detail talk blurs together, :lol

I also think I spot a separation in the upper pipe leading to his tusk which could mean reveal helmet.

If only... that'd be cool.

I would display that with melty face toht.
IMG_0352.JPG

I say these shots are just a photoshopped R1 Vader to resemble ROTJ. We won't know the true tweaks they made until we see him at SDCC or when he goes up for PO.

If HT gives this a reveal head sculpt with an expression that suggests defeat and humility I will definitely buy.

search my feeling... I beleive this will be first Hot Toys's Vader version that will sit in my collection :naughty.

Sebastian Shaw reveal head it must be - defeated and emotional.

And regarding force ghost anakin - the switch to Hayden is both nonsensical and artificial. Anakin was redeemed. His actions to save Luke did not erase his history as darth Vader. Plus when would anakin have had time between saving Luke from the emperor and getting roasted by Luke to learn to commune with the force a la Qui Gon's teachings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

And regarding force ghost anakin - the switch to Hayden is both nonsensical and artificial. Anakin was redeemed. His actions to save Luke did not erase his history as darth Vader. Plus when would anakin have had time between saving Luke from the emperor and getting roasted by Luke to learn to commune with the force a la Qui Gon's teachings.

Last edited:
Sometimes all the Vader helmet detail talk blurs together, :lol

I also think I spot a separation in the upper pipe leading to his tusk which could mean reveal helmet.

Really hope they don't try to do that. The practical splitting helmet is very tough to pull off without it distorting the look of the facemask. It's also tough to make the humpty head and gizmos fit inside. I guess if anyone can pull it off, it's HT.

I never bought it, but the SSC DX I seem to recall had two helmets - one that was two piece (that didn't go together) for reveal with humpty head, the other one piece for full-helmet display.

Indeed. Luke doesn't know who Hayden is. He saw Shaw when removing the helmet on DS, not Hayden.

I don't watch episode 6 past the burning of Vaders body. I turn skip to credits. And plan for the day I see Lucas in the street and punch him right in the mouth.

I also like Shaw's paternal look of pride as he looks at Luke better than the creepy sheepish grin from Hayden. I think Lucas just grabbed BTS footage and cut/pasted it in.

Back