Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you explain this step in a little more detail? I’d like to do it to mine. The flare is the only thing that really bothers me. Thanks.

Make a small hole at each end of the tunic hem...then feed/run the wire through. Turning the ends of the wire back in against itself (see pic) put a small stitch in each to hold them in place..
You'll need to add three more stitches along the hem/wire (see pic) to hold it all in place.
The stitches are on the inside hem of the tunic so they'll be hidden when it's back on the figure..
View attachment 404399View attachment 404400

That's the stock ANH cape...not R1...i swapped both around...

My vader line up...so far....ANH (modified),R1 (modified) and my old custom....
View attachment 404411

Great line up, matrix. :)

I took the plunge and ordered the Tarkin/Vader set recently. The store I ordered from just got it in, so I should have him in hand next week latest.
I'm planning to go all out in customizing him, want to have a proper beat up ANH Vader to compliment my ESB/ROTJ custom. I'm looking forward to the nose plug mod with both fear and excitement. :lol

Make a small hole at each end of the tunic hem...then feed/run the wire through. Turning the ends of the wire back in against itself (see pic) put a small stitch in each to hold them in place..
You'll need to add three more stitches along the hem/wire (see pic) to hold it all in place.
The stitches are on the inside hem of the tunic so they'll be hidden when it's back on the figure..
Awesome! Thanks Matrix!

Here's my R1 vader

2qby52b.png

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk

Swapped out certain parts on my R1 Vader. Changed shoulder/ Chest Armor and the codpiece to ANH V2 to make it much more screen accurate to ANH. waiting for my V2 Tunic as well. here he is in my display cabinet

21o92c3.png

Swapped out certain parts on my R1 Vader. Changed shoulder/ Chest Armor and the codpiece to ANH V2 to make it much more screen accurate to ANH. waiting for my V2 Tunic as well. here he is in my display cabinet

21o92c3.png

Love your pose, but just a small observation: Wouldn’t Darth slice his robe with the lightsaber if he moves slightly?[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your pose, but just a small observation: Wouldn’t Darth slice his robe with the lightsaber if he moves slightly?[emoji14]

lol yeah it would haha. I was trying to go with the Obi Wan Hallway Scene haha

I also tried the cotton look It looks like it did brightening up by 25 percent. I drilled a hole in top of the head and stuffed with cotton.
a5f13f9c3104b91586bb4a6eee814d55.jpg
c96bd9f0e045d72bbe6cdfd7fdb7347b.jpg

This is still the best Vader to display against the newly released Jedi Luke. Don’t know why people are using ANH Vader to set up with Jedi Luke ..the armor isn’t shiny in ANH and in ROTJ it is . When my Luke arrives I’m definitely posing him with RO Vader..simple as that

This is still the best Vader to display against the newly released Jedi Luke. Don’t know why people are using ANH Vader to set up with Jedi Luke ..the armor isn’t shiny in ANH and in ROTJ it is . When my Luke arrives I’m definitely posing him with RO Vader..simple as that

Most likely cause that is the one they own?? :dunno

I know plenty love their RO Vader, but for me buying the HT RO Vader was a waste knowing that an ESB & or ROTJ was pretty much guaranteed to be coming. And the fact Disney got the RO costume wrong to begin with. It should've pretty much been identical to ANH being the end scene is literally hours/a day (?) away from the beginning of ANH. He never should have been shiny and new and have the ESB lightsaber hilt. At least the movie fixed the tunic over the shoulder armor, where HT probably didn't have the time to make the change to the figure.

The only good thing that came from the RO version was the redesign of the gloves. :yess:

I love the red lens and shiny armor of this Vader, too bad he's just too damn expansive in second market that I have to go with new ANH Vader in the 2 pack with Tarkin :(

Back