Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just that the RO/ANH Vader design is cooler. The angles of the mask are meaner. The gloves are meaner. And the robes over the armor looked great.

If only my RO Vader had a LED saber, it would be perfect.

But the new one's lightup chest box is amazing!

...maybe you're spoiled? [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

.rewatched ESB last night i think the HoT Toys version is move accurate, but something about the desgin and size bug me.

here's the comparison, ESB in the right is beyond terrible ...doesn't even like like Vader :lol

7e9eabd3fae28794adf08ad15b85f25d.jpg

The ESB is BAD. I don't know how people are justifying it (from what we've seen).

The Rogue One Vader looks like the best Hot Toys Vader to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll agree with that cause I've got the R1 Vader :lol

But let the Star "Wars" begin !

I like it a lot. I'm big on Vader being large and well proportioned. And the helmet looks like Vader. The ESB I do not see Vader.

I have a modded Sideshow with HT ANH head. Good for me. Waiting for that 1/4 scale.

Having both, I still don't understand the love for the R1 cape over ANH v1 cape.

Well at least from the pics I've seen, the RO cape seems to drape a lot better and fall a lot straighter, where the others seem kinda flat and want to curve in more at the bottom.

But I've never seen the other Vaders in person so maybe it's a lot better in hand, or it's just a matter of futzing.

The best will always be the one I own.... :pfft:

:lol .... The mind of the collector. :wink1:

No but you can respect another's figure.
I don't own the RO and I'll say hands down to me that is the best Vader I've seen. All the various pictures on this forum or IG. It looks great.

I will say we have to wait on the ESB Vader. But again to my eye it looks low on the list to me. I'd actually say it is the worst in my opinion of all the Vaders.

The best will always be the one I own.... :pfft:

:lol .... The mind of the collector. :wink1:

Pretty much. :lol

I don't own the RO and I'll say hands down to me that is the best Vader I've seen. All the various pictures on this forum or IG. It looks great.

I will say we have to wait on the ESB Vader. But again to my eye it looks low on the list to me. I'd actually say it is the worst in my opinion of all the Vaders.

Agreed. I’d have to say R1 is probably the best overall Vader figure in general thus far. And based on what I’ve seen thus far, ESB is probably the worst.

I didn't mean that to be directed at you or anyone in particular. Just a funny comment about how our minds work. It's how many collectors see the things they are passionate about. And I at times am one of them too.

But too many people like to put down other versions harshly in favor of "their favorite" of course usually being the one they own. There is no best. Only the one you enjoy the most and why.

If I had the money and space, I'd want every version of Vader on my shelf. Both good and bad. I still proudly own a Medicom Vader and the 1st SS ANH Vader. And still appreciate them for what they are.

I didn't mean that to be directed at you or anyone in particular. Just a funny comment about how our minds work. It's how many collectors see the things they are passionate about. And I at times am one of them too.

But too many people like to put down other versions harshly in favor of "their favorite" of course usually being the one they own. There is no best. Only the one you enjoy the most and why.

If I had the money and space, I'd want every version of Vader on my shelf. Both good and bad. I still proudly own a Medicom Vader and the 1st SS ANH Vader. And still appreciate them for what they are.

:exactly:

As I mentioned, from what I’ve seen, I think the R1 Vader is probably the best 1/6 Vader when all things are considered. Does that mean I feel the urge to go out and immediately get it? No. I have ANH v1 and I get quite a lot of enjoyment out of it because even though it has its inaccuracies, when futzed, it looks enough of ANH Vader to my eye when I look at it on my shelf as ANH is my favorite look for Vader and the look I want represented in my collection if I only have one.

I've got ANH v1, RO and most of ESB paid on flex so ESB is coming into my collection regardless now. To me, ANH v1 is the better between the two I have and if I could only keep one it would be that (warts and all). But a very large caveat on that is that mine is using my spare RO gloves. So it's a cheat. But even without, there are so many iconic ANH poses where the gloves are mostly hidden anyway that it would still be the one I keep stock. I'm not thrilled with the pics of ESB Vaders mask, particularly the tusks, but I'm holding judgement until I see it in hand as that can often make a difference. My RO Vader makes a great generic Vader and he often gets posed with the less movie specific type scenes in my collection. Last night I ordered the 1/4 scale Hot Toys. I'm really looking forward to that one. The only disappointment is that I ordered from Popcultcha so no light up helmet stand. But with the preorder discount and $50 in pennies, that stand would have cost me at least $150 more (factoring in shipping).

That’s how I feel about the v1 ANH Vader as well, though I don’t have R1 nor have ever seen it in hand. I still have the stock gloves, but I don’t plan on taking him out of this iconic pose with his saber, so I couldn’t care less being that they are concealed anyway:

0229E1B6-A414-4BD6-8DB3-882DDB1A3E63.jpg

I didn’t make any mods to mine, simply futzed what is stock on it. Even if it doesn’t end up being the definitive 1/6 Vader to have, it’s the one I want and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

If anything, I’d probably get the R1 weathered belt and belt boxes before I got the gloves.

Awesome. :clap

That’s how I feel about the v1 ANH Vader as well, though I don’t have R1 nor have ever seen it in hand. I still have the stock gloves, but I don’t plan on taking him out of this iconic pose with his saber, so I couldn’t care less being that they are concealed anyway:

View attachment 424299

I didn’t make any mods to mine, simply futzed what is stock on it. Even if it doesn’t end up being the definitive 1/6 Vader to have, it’s the one I want and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

If anything, I’d probably get the R1 weathered belt and belt boxes before I got the gloves.

Awesome. :clap

Im in the same boat as you man. ANH V1 is the only Vader I have on display, and im pretty satisfied with it. I would upgrade the gloves if they werent 100 bucks for a set, so I do what you do and have him in a neutral pose.

A new Vader is going to have to blow this one away to get me to spend the cash to upgrade.

Back