Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Splitting hairs but to me the Jawas are more of a split production as opposed to the re-releases years later where they remove an accessory or two, like with Boba, IG-88, Probe Droid.

They've been doing this since at least 2012--had a couple runs with the initial deluxe Vader, then Scout trooper, Maul, and now the Jawas.

I do think Sideshow leaves waitlist open so they can maximize sales and sometimes it takes so long for the waitlist to generate a large enough size that it appears to be a 2nd run.

A new Sandperson run would definitely be a v2.

Really would like to see a HT Tusken at this point. Have to figure they're iconic enough considering they're part of the Kenner 12 back and just their presence in Star Wars alone. Definitely moreso than the DS Gunner.

I wouldn't expect that from Sideshow now.

That comment was half toungue in cheek. I'm not that naive to think they wouldn't given they know the best things they sell are original OT pieces. No way they would ever say never moving forward to be able for drum up some cashflow. In doing that thought they shouldn't use the words limited or exclusive on anything they produce moving forward as it is misleading. Or just start going to the Kenner mode and start calling **** Wave 1.

Their product discslimers should read "Limited Editions subject to reissue if we make something good people want, and then will re-issue with less parts and/or features."

I guess the real reward is not having to overpay $500 dollars to get a re-release.

I love my Rogue One Vader. I thought about getting the A New Hope Vader months back, but then it sold out shortly after the announcement of the Rogue One version. I was lucky enough to have my waitlist convert for the Rogue One. It's the first 1/6 scale Vader I've had since the Hasbro version released in the late 90s - the pleather on the Hasbro figure's arm is flaking off.

It's not as important for me to have a Vader to replicate the look from a specific movie as it is to have a solid version from any movie, if that makes sense. No offense to those that do it, but I've never been one to customize.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 188
Really would like to see a HT Tusken at this point. Have to figure they're iconic enough considering they're part of the Kenner 12 back and just their presence in Star Wars alone. Definitely moreso than the DS Gunner.

Maybe a Con Ex?

It would be great to see ore OT goodness. They have shown a boatload of Star Wars figs now that are going to fill up most of the 2018 slots. Also will have The Last Jedi and all the marvel infinity war madness getting ready to throw down the gauntlet for next year so we may see this burst of Star Wars and it may die down after what was shown at the cons for a bit.

Who knows what they have for capacity now I could be wrong but they are staring to backlog a lot of figures into 2018 as is.

Thanks for your input buddy.
But there seems to be something that doesnt check out for me: heavier cape means heavier material which in turn means more unflexible material. For fabric to realistically drape at 1/6 scale, it should be thin, which means more flexible.
How can you reconcile all this?
m.

I like the RO cape. Nice weight and it flows well. I like it on my RO Vader.
The ANH isn't as heavy doesn't drape as nice but has the silk lining which I think is more accurate to that version. But yes futzing and the RO gloves one the ANH works wonders... if futzed well.

Thanks for your input buddy.
But there seems to be something that doesnt check out for me: heavier cape means heavier material which in turn means more unflexible material. For fabric to realistically drape at 1/6 scale, it should be thin, which means more flexible.
How can you reconcile all this?
m.

The weight and drape of the RO cape sits well - consistent vertical folds. Looks very natural while the ANH cape is a bit lighter, kinda fights gravity a bit where you have to arrange the folds or drape. Maybe that's just me.

After reading all the opinions to this question I bought the ANH Darth Vader, got me some RO gloves , increased the height of the body by 1/2 an inch, took out the wires from the cape pulled up the cod or what ever you call that thing on his crotch, put the belt boxes closer to the belt buckle and that was it for now, I think it looks pretty good.
The RO Vader looks kind of malnourished, plus I didn't liked the boots or the mega cod piece (looks like pampers). Well guys thanks for the input, some of the comments were, funny. I really enjoyed reading them.

Woops, the question was whats Darth Vader to buy from the 5 or soon to be 6 to buy.

The one downside to the R1 vader: skinny legs on the base body. Used a lower body fat suit and legs look much better filled out. I've grown to really dig the GIANT cod piece....does make sense

DSCN0032.JPG

IMG_3183_zpsmpqgqxid.JPG
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3182_zpsu58z5rqu.JPG
IMG_4404_zpsuxt2hmwo.JPG
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4380.jpg
IMG_4379.jpg
IMG_4388.jpg

Some pics of my Vader...chilling in a chair... its a RO Vader, but with ANH inner robe (no sewn in creases) and SS Codpiece and belt/chestbox (I like the blinky lights)

JR

Now that's shiny !!!

Nice pics. Good thing only Tarkin got a chair. Doesn't really help Vader be so menacing :) but looks cool !!

I'd call this one "Talk Show Vader" :)

IMG_4380.jpg

Back