Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had in mind the scene in ESB when he's fighting Luke on Bespin and he sends him through the window.

It's like I'm the only one who's seen these movies. :lol

So certain are you? :lol

I only remember this:

image.jpeg

And him then clinging to the corner of the wall:

image.jpeg

Not telling Luke to talk to the hand. :lol

The cape looks awesome though! :clap

And then you'll notice that the cape is blowing straight out to his left. Not one tornado near by. :lol

Wasn't talking about his Force hand there. :lol

Like my post saved for Instagram, that pose is Vader using the force to hold back an X-wing trying to take-off.

Can't believe that actually needs explaining. Vader uses the force. :rotfl

Here he's telling Han to "talk to the hand" I guess :lol
ea1a418c328c584824c1e812e3a508b9.jpg

So certain are you? :lol

And him then clinging to the corner of the wall:

View attachment 362031

Literally right there is when his cape starts blowing out and it goes straight out to the side.

Here's a pose that's based off that particular scene seconds after that screenshot. He walks over to the window after Luke is blown out of it. I tried to make the cape close enough to how it looked:
f8e1ac82d25a1499fed9ba88b4ab9eaf.jpg

^ Don't sweat it. People just like to talk sh$T around here between new releases. Gives them something to do,:wink1:

Nice cape futzing......:clap

Thanks man! I gotta work on it for sure. When I first got it and tried posing it, I had to wonder how Unreal gets it so nice and majestic. :lol

^ Don't sweat it. People just like to talk sh$T around here between new releases. Gives them something to do,:wink1:

Thanks haha. It's alright, I'm not one to only use the poses the character does in the movies. A little imagination to come up with poses is good for me. Everyone's different though and it's all good! Just posting some pictures to show off Unreal Toys' nice work on the cape. That should be the focus.

How about the end of Rogue One, his cape is "blowin in the wind" there too I recall.

Yes indeed, great scene too. I remember watching that and thinking "man that looks cool". That whole sequence was a such a stand-out.

Yeah favourite Star Wars movie for me.

And that Vader scene.... best ever !!!

That's why I'm so keen to get Jyn, K2SO and the rest.....If they get to them.

More phone pictures:
793bc57cce5ee02f4450f3ce83e2b2d6.png

Yeah I really like this ANH type armor with the shiny finish. Looks great indeed! The new 2.0 ANH Vader looks fantastic too. If they offered him by himself I would probably have bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a new pose for Vader's cape - let's make it happen.:lecture

marilyn-monroe-white-dress-tile-dress-blowing-391326964.jpg

When I get home, I'll try that one out actually :lol

I've done a lot of sassy attitude poses for my 6" figures that I've been meaning to do with my Hot Toys.

Nobody is legitimately talking ***** to be malicious, it's just for grins. I'm sure everyone knows what scene Indy was going for with his Vader. Even then, it doesn't matter how he poses it if his intent is to simply show off how cool the cape looks; doesn't have to be a flawless pose directly from a film.

People were just being humorous in posting images of scenes from other films that the pose resembled.

If I had this figure though with his cape, this is without a doubt the pose I'd put R1 Vader in (blade in or out):

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

It's all good man, I actually was first thinking of Unreal. I didn't want him to think his cape was part of what was being made fun of, which is why I now change my mind on that Marilyn Monroe imitation pose :lol He does some great work. I know the pose isn't the greatest, and it's not helped by the camera distortion either :lol

I actually currently have him posed up like that end scene right there. I'll take another picture when I get home.

Yeah favourite Star Wars movie for me.

And that Vader scene.... best ever !!!

That's why I'm so keen to get Jyn, K2SO and the rest.....If they get to them.

That scene really showed off the ruthlessness of Vader. We've never seen him take out rebel soldiers in that manner before on screen, so it was new. I wish it was a little bit longer, like maybe walk down one more corridor :lol

It was a cool scene... but it still feels just a bit videogamey to me with all the showoffy moves and force pushing Vader was doing, along with the darkened hallway and overly dramatic lighting. I think it would have been just as effective, and more in keeping with the OT, to see him deflecting blasts and slicing through people in his normal way, and in the kind of bright, smoke-filled hallway we see at the start of ANH.

It was a cool scene... but it still feels just a bit videogamey to me with all the showoffy moves and force pushing Vader was doing, along with the darkened hallway and overly dramatic lighting. I think it would have been just as effective, and more in keeping with the OT, to see him deflecting blasts and slicing through people in his normal way, and in the kind of bright, smoke-filled hallway we see at the start of ANH.

Totally agree

Here's my try at the pose SilverStar posted. Mid-walk pose with lightsaber ignited:

9009fde4b9ac5f2df026c1ff0b1d5fa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enough with these cartoon poses.... someone do the Monroe pose with their Vader. Be the first.

I guarantee you that photo will become iconic and be passed down for generations... just like my SS Ben Kenobi and the pumpkin.

Lord Vader thrives in the fear of his enemies. He is a showoff, and fear is his alley... I mean, ally. ;)

And... I don't remember ever seeing Vader deflecting blast bolts with his saber in the OT. I do remember the fully lit and clumsy OT duel with Obi Wan (which had to be filmed that way due to technological limitations).

I think... we are spoiled by the greatness of the present, but look at the past with rose-tinted glasses. Easily, Darth Vader gained the most in awesomeness and fearsomeness with those 2 minutes of RO. Full of win!

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

I agree WesMordine, I really liked seeing something new with Vader. We got the classic appearance in the OT, while RO added more variety and skills. Just the visuals of that fight with the lights out and his lightsaber providing the red glow in the hallway, so dramatic but I like it!Then him walking out to the Tantive IV just barely taking off in time with his cape billowing. Not everyone's cup of tea maybe, but I appreciated them doing some new visuals and fight moves involving Vader at what seemed to be his peak.

Back