Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thought it was the only option. Yet, you are right, cash grab is probably a poor choice of words.

This being said, offering a slightly retooled Vader seemingly mixing pieces of a Vader released a couple years ago and one merely months old though marketing, arguably, the best of the two worlds is certainly gonna drive mad the completist buried in most of us.

Gonna drive the perfectionists mad too. :wave

Even having the ANH Vader with RO gloves I don't have the light-up saber that works with those gloves. Then on top of it there's the issue of the gloves not fitting perfectly over the suit. :gah: :lol

Gonna drive the perfectionists mad too. :wave

Even having the ANH Vader with RO gloves I don't have the light-up saber that works with those gloves. Then on top of it there's the issue of the gloves not fitting perfectly over the suit.

I bought the body and suit of the R1 Vader to work with the R1 gloves on my ANH Vader just for that reason. I'm thinking that the body and suit on this new release will be from the R1 Vader because they're reusing the gloves from R1 and the ANH body has integrated sound FX.

No, probably just a slight update of the one before. Better skip it and get the one after this one.

So what is the best 1/6 Darth Vader to buy? Sideshow has 3 and Hot Toys 2

The HT representation from the film that you like the most. Which is currently R1 or ANH, or R1/ANH. If you like ESB or RotJ Vader better or either of those are your favorite SW film, then just wait until HT makes those.

I have the ANH version of Vader, and I've PO'd Tarkin from BBTS. However, the new Vader is killing me, because I HATE the gloves and buried sound fx on ANH Vader. He's probably my most disappointing figure, to date.

The only reason I'm reluctant to sell him and upgrade to the Tarkin/Vader two-pack, is that I've heard the flight suit on RO Vader, which will likely be used on the new one, is a cheaper, thinner feeling pleather than the suit on ANH. Can anyone confirm this? How is the RO flight suit holding up, for those of you who bought it?

So what is the best 1/6 Darth Vader to buy? Sideshow has 3 and Hot Toys 2

The next one.

and the next one after

"If we get another Vader we'll preorder that one. And the next one after that. Until we have the perfect Vader or the ES runs out."

rehost%2F2016%2F12%2F20%2F01ae4dbb-eec1-4470-9324-1df2228164e7.jpg

I have the ANH version of Vader, and I've PO'd Tarkin from BBTS. However, the new Vader is killing me, because I HATE the gloves and buried sound fx on ANH Vader. He's probably my most disappointing figure, to date.

HT ANH Vader is an excellent figure in many ways, except the gloves. I have him, never got the RO, just got the gloves (and cape and tunic). But I still love my ANH Vader. Once futzed properly he's just as good as the RO Vader, in some ways more accurate.

Get the good gloves when they are parted out. This one doesn't come with electronics so that point is moot.

HT ANH Vader is an excellent figure in many ways, except the gloves. I have him, never got the RO, just got the gloves (and cape and tunic). But I still love my ANH Vader. Once futzed properly he's just as good as the RO Vader, in some ways more accurate.

Get the good gloves when they are parted out. This one doesn't come with electronics so that point is moot.

My only concern with purchasing the parted gloves, is that the flight suit on ANH is thicker. Did you have any problems fitting the RO gloves over it? Also, I prefer the larger chest box. If I purchase the parted out gloves, lightsaber and chest box, cape and tunic, I'd likely spend as much as the cost of a new Vader! Especially with shipping to Canada...

Wor-Gar,
the ANH Vader has a wired tunic. But what about the cape?
And isn't the cape on the ANH Vader supposed to be better than that on RO? Why did you switch it?
m.

Wor-Gar,
the ANH Vader has a wired tunic. But what about the cape?
And isn't the cape on the ANH Vader supposed to be better than that on RO? Why did you switch it?
m.

ANH cape isn't wired. Nor is the R1 I believe. Most here seem to think the R1 cape is better than the ANH one.

I like the RO cape. Nice weight and it flows well. I like it on my RO Vader.
The ANH isn't as heavy doesn't drape as nice but has the silk lining which I think is more accurate to that version. But yes futzing and the RO gloves one the ANH works wonders... if futzed well.

My only concern with purchasing the parted gloves, is that the flight suit on ANH is thicker. Did you have any problems fitting the RO gloves over it? Also, I prefer the larger chest box. If I purchase the parted out gloves, lightsaber and chest box, cape and tunic, I'd likely spend as much as the cost of a new Vader! Especially with shipping to Canada...

I have a modded HT ANH Vader with RO gloves, they fit well if having a bit of patience. Raise the belt on your Vader and the chestbox will not seem too small anymore.

I have a modded HT ANH Vader with RO gloves, they fit well if having a bit of patience. Raise the belt on your Vader and the chestbox will not seem too small anymore.

Yeah I just used the end of a paintbrush to gently stuff the suit into the glove. Worked fine for me

I like the RO cape. Nice weight and it flows well. I like it on my RO Vader.
The ANH isn't as heavy doesn't drape as nice but has the silk lining which I think is more accurate to that version. But yes futzing and the RO gloves one the ANH works wonders... if futzed well.

Yeah it's a great looking cape... except for the fact it's a bit too short in the back and it's a pain trying to hide that.

Back