Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RO's a bit short in the back.
Yeah I wish it dragged a bit but I don't have his back shown in any poses so it's pretty unnoticeable.

I think he means the RO cape is a bit short, as I've heard that.

That problem gets solved by putting the RO cape on the ANH Vader because the ANH Vader is slightly shorter than the RO Vader (chest armor/shoulder bells may also play a roll in raising the cape in back).

Again, this is ANH Vader so he should be duller and duskier -- you want hi-gloss Vader, wait for ESB/ROTJ.

The ANH version comes with the duller dome, and the better, flatter, thicker body suit. Get those RO gloves and place the belt boxes and chest box in the proper positions, and drybrush the gloss out of the chest armor, and you have a perfect ANH Vader... with electronics if you ever want to hear Vader's voice and a light-up saber (although there is the glove issue here).

If you missed ANH Vader... then getting this new Vader is a no-brainer.

Its funny how a few months back half the forum was whining about all the stormtrooper variations coming out (even a china-pattern one)...

Enviado desde mi SM-J500M mediante Tapatalk

Its funny how a few months back half the forum was whining about all the stormtrooper variations coming out (even a china-pattern one)...

We want regular Stormtroopers. Like from ANH, long time sold out. That's basically money laying on the ground, HT just needs to pick it up.

Those were complaints for MORE reg stormtroopers (i.e. why do a tea cup pattern one when everyone wants more reg ones?,) not complaints about more stormtroopers in general.

And ideally some Stunt helmeted troopers too !!

:exactly:

Yeah, love the HT stormie body and finish overall, but not a fan of the HT stormie helmet - it's finished way better than anything that's come before it, but its as middling in accuracy as the old Sideshow helmet (looks VERY similar to that sculpt, almost like a slighttweaked redo of it.)

My HT stormies are displayed with a Han head on one - holding helmet upside down - and a Marmit sandie head on the other (which looks quite accurate to one of the ANH helmets during the Antilles scene.)

I would love it if HT had another go at sculpting the stormie helmet with the stunt version in mind - its WAY more iconic than the hero helmets.

I think he means the RO cape is a bit short, as I've heard that.

That problem gets solved by putting the RO cape on the ANH Vader because the ANH Vader is slightly shorter than the RO Vader (chest armor/shoulder bells may also play a roll in raising the cape in back).

Again, this is ANH Vader so he should be duller and duskier -- you want hi-gloss Vader, wait for ESB/ROTJ.

The ANH version comes with the duller dome, and the better, flatter, thicker body suit. Get those RO gloves and place the belt boxes and chest box in the proper positions, and drybrush the gloss out of the chest armor, and you have a perfect ANH Vader... with electronics if you ever want to hear Vader's voice and a light-up saber (although there is the glove issue here).

If you missed ANH Vader... then getting this new Vader is a no-brainer.

Hmm, forgot to consider the flatter body suit. The overly glossy and ribby body suit is the only thing about the RO Vader I'm still not liking much...

The variants like China-pattern, gold, chrome or game colored ones are not what most collectors want.

And ideally some Stunt helmeted troopers too !!

Yeap. Or at least make ESB Stormies, just small changes from ANH. We've already seen ROTJ protos.

I think we will se new ANH/ESB Stormtroopers the moment the Han Trooper and ROTJ Trooper sell out.

I'm quite sure HT isn't done with the Stormies. The thing is that they most likely will release the ones that will appear in the Han movie too, and my guess is that those are very similar to RO ones. And in fact any new SW movies will have those RO type Stormtroopers in them.

Dewback had edition size and numbering.

Didn't stop them with IG-88. No numbering but they just changed a couple things (no stand, axe/blaster holder) and re-released. Took some things away essentially. Not sure how they could do that with the dewback but i'm sure they'd figure out a way if they wanted to.

Didn't stop them with IG-88. No numbering but they just changed a couple things (no stand, axe/blaster holder) and re-released. Took some things away essentially. Not sure how they could do that with the dewback but i'm sure they'd figure out a way if they wanted to.

Easy. Take away the base.

I purchased my dewback expecting a limited collectible. A dewback would cost at least $599-$699 now I would imagine. Sideshow could gouge with the price if they wanted to. Shipping would be outrageous cause you know they would exclusively release it, the box is huge. Would not get $4 BBTS rates benefit on that.

I wouldn't expect that from Sideshow now.

Exactly, with HTs making the more popular figures, all SS can do is remake some of their stuff that HTs won't make. They are already re-releasing their Jawas. I think we will see the Tusken re-released. If HTs release their Sandtrooper Sergeant, I think SS will remake the Dewback.

Back