Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always thought "shoretrooper" was a nickname people on here gave this trooper, not the official name. It sounds a little too... literal... for an official name.:lol

Maybe he could be "Beachtrooper from Floridaan" around here.

Hmm...not too excited about this. All of the trooper designs really seem kinda humdrum for Rogue One - definitely not stellar when compared to The Force Awakens troopers. Must be a different designer altogether for this movie.

Hmm...not too excited about this. All of the trooper designs really seem kinda humdrum for Rogue One - definitely not stellar when compared to The Force Awakens troopers. Must be a different designer altogether for this movie.

I feel like a lot of people feel the opposite. The designs are more tied to the OT so I think a lot of us actually prefer these. Some of the TFA stuff is interesting but a lot of it is sloping and a bit bubbly. These borrow much more heavily from the stormtroopers (death trooper nose, helmet shape) and scout (shoretrooper).

I always thought "shoretrooper" was a nickname people on here gave this trooper, not the official name. It sounds a little too... literal... for an official name.:lol

Maybe he could be "Beachtrooper from Floridaan" around here.

I don't think this is an in-universe name. Sandtrooper is basicallyjust as dumb when you break it down. "Hey guys this planet has no sand, we gotta call in reinforcements. Nothing we can do here."

I don't think this is an in-universe name. Sandtrooper is basicallyjust as dumb when you break it down. "Hey guys this planet has no sand, we gotta call in reinforcements. Nothing we can do here."

I guess if you look at it that way, the Sandtroopers could pull double duty and be used on sandy shores, and I guess these Shoretroopers would only be used on marshy or rocky shores.

I personally like how this one looks. Don't know why, I just like how it looks.

There is something vaguely Clone - like about them...a slight nod to the past that I kind of like...from the waist up. The look breaks down with those dainty loafers...wtf? We're assaulting the beach in our black slacks and loafers? Such a disconnect in design there. Odd...

I guess if you look at it that way, the Sandtroopers could pull double duty and be used on sandy shores, and I guess these Shoretroopers would only be used on marshy or rocky shores.

I personally like how this one looks. Don't know why, I just like how it looks.

Cause it's a like a scout trooper who went to the Bahamas. What's not to like? Got some beads in his hair, got some cool paint on his armor. Screw these black pants, I'm buying those red ones that the locals wear.

I thought the same thing but "sand" (or "desert" would have been better) is a terrain/environment condition - like "space" - that would require specific weapons/gear mods to a standard trooper - not sure that the word "shore" connotes anything like that. Amphibious trooper maybe.... Amphitrooper.:lol

Aquatrooper, surftrooper. Watertroop. Liquidtrooper. But these are all unofficial toy names. Ben calls them stormtroopers. And when Hoth is being attacked they just say Imperial troops have entered the base. As far as unofficial names this one isn't the best, but Walrus Man wasn't great either (when everyone knows it should have been Ass Face).

These are just like kashyyyk troopers updated to use Stormie parts rather than CT armor and a blast shield visor. Same pants they wore in the PT, just some different stitching and lack of cargo pockets.

These are just like kashyyyk troopers updated to use Stormie parts rather than CT armor and a blast shield visor. Same pants they wore in the PT, just some different stitching and lack of cargo pockets.
Rogue One director knew that cargo pants are out of style now. They were all the rage in the nineties. :lol

There is something vaguely Clone - like about them...a slight nod to the past that I kind of like...from the waist up. The look breaks down with those dainty loafers...wtf? We're assaulting the beach in our black slacks and loafers? Such a disconnect in design there. Odd...
You're right. Looks like they bridge the gap between the Kashyyk troopers and Scout troopers. I like it alot. But those shoes are definitely strange. Like Dockers or something. I laughed that you said wtf about it hahaha

You're right. Looks like they bridge the gap between the Kashyyk troopers and Scout troopers. I like it alot. But those shoes are definitely strange. Like Dockers or something. I laughed that you said wtf about it hahaha

dude, he's ready to go yahcting. just a rich stormtrooper

Aquatrooper, surftrooper. Watertroop. Liquidtrooper. But these are all unofficial toy names. Ben calls them stormtroopers. And when Hoth is being attacked they just say Imperial troops have entered the base. As far as unofficial names this one isn't the best, but Walrus Man wasn't great either (when everyone knows it should have been Ass Face).

I'm old enough to remember Snowtrooper as "Imperial Stormtrooper - Hoth Battle Gear":)yess:), so I'm all for sticking with that. I remember when people started calling ANH Tatooine troopers sandies and thought it was a little "obvious" and slang - and yet it became official.

And you've got it back asswards on Walrus man. Everyone knows the species has genitals up higher than most others.:dunno

dude, he's ready to go yahcting. just a rich stormtrooper

:lol Sailboat trooper

I'm old enough to remember Snowtrooper as "Imperial Stormtrooper - Hoth Battle Gear":)yess:), so I'm all for sticking with that. I remember when people started calling ANH Tatooine troopers sandies and thought it was a little "obvious" and slang - and yet it became official.

And you've got it back asswards on Walrus man. Everyone knows the species has genitals up higher than most others.:dunno

I don't have a problem being corrected. Those are some large testis.

Back