Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Sailboat trooper

I don't have a problem being corrected. Those are some large testis.

They get in the way of him making smooth talk with the ladies (like you can't understand a word he says) but he's got his credentials up front and in the open - so maybe no need for smooth talk.:dunno

I'm sure I'm not the first to say this but - neat armor, wrong environment. Nothing about this design says waterproof or aquatic tactical gear.

Compare to a Navy seal:
navy-seal-photos-sea-assault__16_.jpg

00cbc190f106407fadd73dd4dcf9cc5e.jpg

This one came up in the google search and hell yeah. She can be my Cobra Baroness any day.
8d11dcd537f4a724e01a9d2ef3118aad.jpg

I feel like a lot of people feel the opposite. The designs are more tied to the OT so I think a lot of us actually prefer these. Some of the TFA stuff is interesting but a lot of it is sloping and a bit bubbly. These borrow much more heavily from the stormtroopers (death trooper nose, helmet shape) and scout (shoretrooper).

:lecture :goodpost:

I don't think they approach by sea. They just patrol the beach like they're on Baywatch or something. Most appropriate comparison would be some kind of beach cop.

Whoever was lead "shoe" designer on these figures was on a budget or lazy. I mean standard Australian work boots on the Shore Troope, and have you had a closer look at the shoes of the Deathtrooper. Sort of look like slippers over their boots. Hopefully looks better in hand.

Wasn't intending to get anything from Rogue One, but these guys are so cool looking that I might just change my mind....

Pre-ordered this one yesterday. I think it looks great. I just wish he came with the E-11 as well. I was about to say too, I can imagine there will be a two pack with the one without the blue paint and maybe the one with the kama.

Hmm...not too excited about this. All of the trooper designs really seem kinda humdrum for Rogue One - definitely not stellar when compared to The Force Awakens troopers. Must be a different designer altogether for this movie.

These are growing on me. Looks like I will end up with a mini army of Rogue One figures.

It does have a bit of clone feel to it, armor sections and now with color, but I do like this figure design a lot, much more than the prequel armor designs, and much more than the TFA troopers. Just feels more early phase imperial army. Going to stick with OT though... but you guys buying it have my blessing lol

The various troopers are all pulled from the same Stormtrooper corps.

Sandtroopers are Stormtroopers equipped with desert gear and some additional training for the environment. I'm sure they change armrobwhen they're not deployed to a desert environment and only retain it constantly when stationed on a desert planet. Same with a Snowtrooper and even the Scout Trooper.

Likewise I'm sure Shoretrooper is the same. Stormtrooper trained and outfitted to garrison possibly tropical or water planets.

I absolutely love this design and the figure looks great. It's a very interesting combination of classic Star Wars design cues with modern touches. The bright paint colors also give them a lot of personality and uniqueness, almost reminiscent of the clone armor. The colors used for the Shoretrooper also have a primal and almost tribal feel which work really well with the design.

It's a testament to solid design when the overall look lends itself well to Shoretrooper colors and Hovertank Diver white.

Back