Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of feels like an unnecessary level of trooper specificity... I mean are they really fighting that many battles on the beaches that they need an entire designation? And really, wouldn't a Scout Trooper be just as effective on the beach?

I would be surprised if the toy marketing potential wasn't a huge reason why we have so much variety here. Same as Force Awakens, I guess. Though I can't really tell one from another, I know HT made about 20 different Stormtrooper variations for that one.

I guess what's bothering me about the pants are that they are so new looking compared to the cool "ultra worn" armour. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to give the pants a worn look though. HT don't seem to be into making cloth look weathered. Yoda's old shawl thing is another example where it look new.

14542354_10153834915427344_8111931315024883153_o.jpg

Oh, baywatch troopers with sweatpants. Does not seem to fit in with the SW universe for me.

Could have sworn I saw costume pics of the Shore Trooper wearing a kama (skirt), like ARC and clone trooper commanders. Or am I thinking of a different trooper?

Edit: Knew I saw one.

Attachments

• Shoretrooper_kama.jpg
    Shoretrooper_kama.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 181
Kind of feels like an unnecessary level of trooper specificity... I mean are they really fighting that many battles on the beaches that they need an entire designation? And really, wouldn't a Scout Trooper be just as effective on the beach?

Marines are technically shore troopers.
They however have grown to operate outside of that specific area.
The name Shoretrooper is a bit lame though, but I think calling them Marine Troopers would've been received negatively since this is the evil Galactic Empire.

No FMH, you're right. I posted this a page or so back. Looks better I think, distracts a bit from those new non worn looking brown pants they have. Maybe they'll bring him out as a more superior commander ?? Wouldn't be hard to do.

x8r5u2hxqkpnmyjp6cdv.jpg
rogue-one-shoretrooper-4-190329.jpg

Could have sworn I saw costume pics of the Shore Trooper wearing a kama (skirt), like ARC and clone trooper commanders. Or am I thinking of a different trooper?

I know I'll probably cop a hiding for saying this, but I think I'm waiting for the version with a skirt. Let's start calling it a Kama. Looks better I think.

Your right April. Wouldn't be hard to add the skirt. I can see a bit of modding needing to be done to this one. Aging/distressing the pants somewhat, adding the Kama and have to include some sand in there somewhere. Perhaps in their shoes, can never get all of that sand out when you've been attacking rebels on the beach !

Back