Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone have the word on weather or not the new robo is die cast? No mention of it in the specs.

So is this BD version still a die cast material? Didn't mention it in the spec.

Is this Robocop Die-cast?

NO! BD RoboCop is NOT diecast!

And even if Murphy had never caught a slug to the cranium, he still would've died. Right arm completely blown off, torso full of shot - despite the body armor - and damage to his other limbs.

All in all, a pretty s----- day at the office.

armgoboom.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures S

Yeah I mean I guess it didn't need to be Diecast, but woulda have been cool.
Also, I wonder if it will have some of those blue, purple hues.
This thread is like a drug to me hahahhaa. This will be a long long wait.

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures S

u can see in the proto and PO pics that there is a lot of silver again, not tinting. And again why did people think
this figure would be dicast? The other robo isn't really diecast as it is :lol

So glad this one's gimmick free - I can't say that enough! :lol

Man.. what a set - still can't process it. :rock

Gimmick free yet still the same price. Bit of a cheat. The single release should have been closer to 250 or at least had a changeable head.

This figure looks amazing to be honest, and that head sculpt: I am just stunned at the life-like look of it :D
However, I have always been a fan of the sleek clean look, so this one is a pass for me. Though I'll pick up the head sculpt if I can use it on the clean version. Marvelous job on part of the artist though.:clap

Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figur...

Cool thing is that all the chair-nay-sayers moved to this thread to be Retail-Price-and-Murphy-nay-sayers. ^^

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figur...

Cool thing is that all the chair-nay-sayers moved to this thread to be Retail-Price-and-Murphy-nay-sayers. ^^

Hahah well this is a true fan and I think Murphy is much needed. The chair, eeee not essential.
But there will never ever be another of this figure. This is such a huge surprise and amazing addition to the Robocop line.

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figur...

I actually prefer the battle damaged look to the clean look. All the dinks, scratches and body armour damage just look so cool.

I think both Releases are great.
The likeness of the clean RoboCop is spot on, the bd likeness ist great, the Murphy likeness is still a bit too think, but overall.... man.
I really hope they manage to get the figures mass produced as the prototype.

I can't wait.

Unless there's an ESB Vader/Fett two-pack next year, I'm looking forward to this set most of all in 2015.

Think I'm in for the set, but am going to hold off pre-ordering until I have the diecast clean version of the figure in-hand. Given that this is a glorified repaint, just want to be sure I love the figure enough to own two (admittedly dramatic) variations of the same body.

Think I'm in for the set, but am going to hold off pre-ordering until I have the diecast clean version of the figure in-hand. Given that this is a glorified repaint, just want to be sure I love the figure enough to own two (admittedly dramatic) variations of the same body.

Same! Love this set! But gotta get hands on the clean one before pre-ordering this. Not sure if I'll keep both.

If we're thinking about iconic RoboCop figure 'two packs'..

..what about a Bob Morton / **** Jones "Confrontation at the trough" set - complete with pisstrough dio.

:lol

it would have made more sense if they had the clean robo bundled with this murphy officer.
IMO i don't need two murphy face sculpts in one pack and not a big fan of the BD robo.

Looking up at the Sideshow banner at the top of the page, seeing that Murphy figure - he looks like a real person... I'm breaking. I might have to figure this out.

Back