Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, that's coming from someone who loves Star Wars.

Honestly, Star Wars is the kind of brand where the product can be crap and people will still get hyped about it. Throw on another logo in the form of the Hot Toys brand and you got a recipe for overzealous behavior. I had a friend text me about the Stormtroopers and he has no interest in 1/6 doll collecting.
I'm actually just starting to get drawn back into Star Wars with Episode VII and now the Hot Toys releases. Ever since George Lucas exited the fold as the main person in charge of the brand my interest has piqued again after he all but killed it for me with his changes to the original trilogy and the awful prequel trilogy. I do agree though that Star Wars as a brand will get figures for a long time and there won't be a shortage of offerings. Robocop is a bit more limited so for people who want stuff now is probably the time to bite because you might not get a chance for a while again. That's why I'm on the fence with this release even though I'm leaning towards not getting it.

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures S

Someone explain to me:

$224.99 Elder Predator
$229.99 T-800 Battle Damaged Version (two head sculpts and diorama base)
$224.99 Han Solo -
$254.99 Chewbacca (all fur)
$294.99 BD Robocop (why such a jump in price?) Is it all going towards likeness license???

You forgot Bank Robber Joker 2.0. Same release as years ago, $279.99.

Re: Hot Toys MMS266 "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures S

I will buy hot toys diecast version but is one of the last figures i will buy...unfortunatelly i cannot keep up with their prices anymore

1) hot toys had the licence years ago and their first attempt on robocop didnt cost that much.
2) i like the new battle damage version more but unfortunatelly hot toys are very clever to include a faceplate in it.
So to have a ultimate robocop you should buy the first robo+chair compo+new battle damage version+alex murphy compo
it will cost a grand....
I am very curios about the wages of the guys that find these prices fair.

I was watching "Ratatouille" today the kids. The theme of the movie is "anybody can cook"! The theme for HT should be "not everybody can collect"!

So is this BD version still a die cast material? Didn't mention it in the spec.

Wow...getting Robocop fever hahaha.
Wondering if this maybe the end of the line for Robocop or will they dabble into Robocop 2...
Hmmm. It's interesting because there isn't a single Robocop 2 1/6th scale figure available.
Thing is im not sure how much of a good gamble it is to release a third robocop, all which are quite similar.
I mean the Robocop 2 figure could have the blue colouring, b/d parts, cobra assault rifle,head sculpt. Hmmm. Now the Robocain is needed, but not sure if it will be made. I'd relinquish buying some upcoming figures to get this....Avengers 2, pfft. Give me Robocain!!!

Yeah, RoboCain NEEDS to happen.

It really is a shame about ED209, even if owning this set and the Regular Robo (with or without chair) seems enough, ED is just as iconic for a complete display IMO.

I'm looking for deals on it as we speak, refuse to pay more than $200.

Geez, HT are really churning these figures out now, too many wants and not enough funds. I really didn't expect this preorder to go up till the end of the year and certainly not available as a 2 pack either.
Any minute we're gonna get Ripley and her Loader, so there's another $500.

Geez, HT are really churning these figures out now, too many wants and not enough funds. I really didn't expect this preorder to go up till the end of the year and certainly not available as a 2 pack either.
Any minute we're gonna get Ripley and her Loader, so there's another $500.

Ya no kidding. Orders are fullfilled and shipped then quickly replaced with new po's. It's a never ending cycle. It's even worst for those of us crazy people that collect premium formats too

Someone explain to me:

$224.99 Elder Predator
$229.99 T-800 Battle Damaged Version (two head sculpts and diorama base)
$224.99 Han Solo -
$254.99 Chewbacca (all fur)
$294.99 BD Robocop (why such a jump in price?) Is it all going towards likeness license???

Accuracy premium.

Ordered RoboMurphy. Don't really care for the Murphy cop. Guess it's NOT Diecast (bit of a bummer since it wont match the DC RC).

Yulli did a great job with the sculpt IMO. Thinking of getting a BD Helmeted head ( From the DC RB) to complete this but don't know if it will fit with that thingy attached to the BD Murphy head.

I think I will pass on some releases with this one coming out. No power loader, maybe the Alien Ripley...

Just got my buddy to help me preorder the Murphy and BD Robocop for $2890HKD (about $370USD) at Secret Base in Hong Kong. Cant wait to get this bad boy next year! :D

Only thing holding me back from a po of this is someone else. If anyone wants the BD robo for cheaper than you can get the single version, pm me and we'll split the set.

I had to PO on bbts just cuz I don't know what will be coming out 1st next yr. I got Mk3, han, chewy, raiden, and this set.
When I know what gets delayed here, what gets pushed up there, then I can feel safe PO with that deposit.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

That scene traumatized me for life. I remember watching it when I was a kid and feeling sick to my stomach. However, the damage he sustained made me sympathetic to the character and made sense for the transformation to Robocop--plus it made me want Murphy to go after the crew. The reboot was too PG for me. Car bomb wasn't up-close and personal enough. Yeah he got blown up but it wasn't near as emotional a scene as the original.

All of this x1000.

Back