Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

• Total voters
I wish Sideshow would pick up the TV Batman license (if nothing else to keep costs down). I'd love a Geo. Reeves Supes as well!

The Adam West one? Good luck. Everyone has been wanting to make stuff from it but there are MAJOR issues. Apparently Fox owns the TV show and Warner owns the characters. So unless they agree upon something (unlikely because of the new Watchmen problem) NOTHING can be done with the show.

Yeah, I know. It's the same reason a DVD release of the series won't happen anytime soon. I can dream, though.

Voted for Keaton Batman. I wouldn't be able to afford either though (college boy) so maybe I should've voted Reeves because if one does happen, I would prefer it to be the one I like least so I don't feel as bad about not being able to afford it. :D

serious now, did anybody in the past already mailed or phoned or asked Hot Toys in Hong Kong if they would do a Keaton Batman and maybe the Burton Batmobile ?

is this possible? do they have to have permition first to make it from WB or DC or what...?

I emailed them about a Keaton Batman a year or so ago. I can't remember what they said but it's about time to bug them about it again.

I emailed them about a Keaton Batman a year or so ago. I can't remember what they said but it's about time to bug them about it again.

I also mail them, and I will not stop mailing until they answer me this time. (I mailed theam once about a Cain robocop, but they just ignore you :rolleyes:)

this time it's for real :monkey5

and since you do not remember, it couldn't have been very good news...? :)

Reeve Superman.

I've seen more Custom Keatons than Custom Reeves, but that's just me.

My main interest in the Reeve Supes is a good headsculpt of the man. I think his outfit is a bit on the crappy side by todays standards. Although naturally I want them to be accurate and I would be thrilled to have this in 1/6th form.

The most outdated thing about the Keaton Batsuit is the yellow target on his chest and the yellow belt but I still think both his 89' and Returns suits look cool. And despite the more fashionable Nolan films theres no denying how iconic the Burton movies are. They are no less deserving of Hot toys treatment than any other old license such as Aliens and Predator. Yes, of course, the Reeve Superman is also iconic - just a more visually dated iconic. But heck I want them both, I would buy both for sure.

The Adam West one? Good luck. Everyone has been wanting to make stuff from it but there are MAJOR issues. Apparently Fox owns the TV show and Warner owns the characters. So unless they agree upon something (unlikely because of the new Watchmen problem) NOTHING can be done with the show.
That's a real shame, because you'd reckon, not having the licence wouldn't make a difference, seeing as how they are unrecogiseable with theose masks on. :lol Maybe, with the economic downturn, some of these feuding companies will get over their differences to make some bucks.

Why is it that there are such a lack of customs of the Reeve Superman as compared to the Keaton Batman? Demand may outstrip supply but demand is usually an avenue for exploitation.

Reeve Superman, no doubt. I'd probably be interested in Keaton Batman too though.

Back