Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

• Total voters
i said batman, but i would want one from batman and one from returns.

also i would really like to have both reeves superman and keaton batman.

ht should do 3 two-packs from the original movies: superman and batman
clark kent and bruce wayne
joker and luthor

i'd love both, but being a lifetime long batman fan, batman all the way. hes more visually appealing to me.

I voted Keaton Batman as he'd be more visually appealing to me too. Definitely want both though.

On the SR updated outfit debate I side with those defending the SR suit. It needed to be updated. You can't honestly believe that Reeve's suit would look perfectly fine in a new superman film and amongst all other modern superhero films. It can be appreciated on a nostalgiac level but c'mon you have to admit that appearance-wise that suit is barely a step up from a childs superman pyjamas. I loved the SR suit, the film wasn't great.

I voted Keaton Batman as he'd be more visually appealing to me too. Definitely want both though.

On the SR updated outfit debate I side with those defending the SR suit. It needed to be updated. You can't honestly believe that Reeve's suit would look perfectly fine in a new superman film and amongst all other modern superhero films. It can be appreciated on a nostalgiac level but c'mon you have to admit that appearance-wise that suit is barely a step up from a childs superman pyjamas. I loved the SR suit, the film wasn't great.

I don't mind the changes in materials- Spider-Man proved updated materials can really improve the look without changing the classic design elements. What I didn't like was that the colors more closely resembled "Bad Superman" in Superman 3, the boots were cut too short, the belt did not need an "s", and the small chest emblem makes Superman look like he has a stretched torso.
Maybe I can show what I mean with a comparison picture:
supes.jpg

If you look at Reeve, you'll see his costume neckline is more open, it's almost a straight line below his neck, with the cape tucked in; this element is pretty unique to the Superman costume. On Routh, the neckline is tight, with the cape connection looking almost like some kind of Halloween costume knock-off of the neckline.
Also notice how much higher Reeve's boots go, it just looks more natural. I think this picture also shows that the color balance of the Reeve suit just looks better, on Routh, the reds are way too dark, and inexplicably the blue looks idunno, "bubblegummy". I also added an arrow to show how much of a gap between the emblem and waistline there is- it only serves to make Routh's proportions look distorted. Look to the art of greats like Alex Ross- he doesn't feel the need to change these elements- it's still "classic" in appearance, and not at all silly looking.
ross.jpg

Just look at Ross' wide open collar- it looks bold, manly. Compared to that, the Routh looks wimpy, like underoos.
I don't for a moment think that the spandex of the Reeve days should be used again- Spider-Man espescially shows how nice an ultramodern fabric can enhance. I'm just not satisfied with the proportions and details of the Routh suit.

Oh, and I apologize if I'm getting a tad off track, I just didn't think what I was saying was being understood. It's about the design elements, not about fabric and execution. For instance, I don't mind the raised look of the shield on Routh, I just think it needs to be bigger.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge DC fan but Reeve's Superman was definitive in a lot of ways. I loved the Tim Burton Batman movies but I don't feel the same way about Michael Keaton. I probably would pass on a Keaton Batman, but would almost definitely get a Reeves Superman from Hot Toys.

I would have to go for Keaton Batman.

Gosh, I really hope HT would do villians from the early Batman movies.

i like em both but if i had to pick it would be keaton batman, and god knows hot toys could make a bad ass figure for each of them.

I would reeeeeeeeeeeally like to see them make that Keaton Batman because I think it must be one of the hardest to do. Just because of the thickness of the rubber from the cape and cowl...
How closely the Studio Sovereign Keaton Batman is, it still kinda looks like a holloween costume and not accurate, because of the rubber.
I think it is not easy to makes it, thick rubber and still make it look like it could flow easy. The cape of the Keaton Batman is made of the same heavy material as the rest of the suit (by the looks of it in de movie, rubber) and is not like the Bale batman, wit his lightweight memory-cloth, that allows scale figures to ware just a simple cloth

I would have to go for Keaton Batman.

Gosh, I really hope HT would do villians from the early Batman movies.

me too.

joker, penguin, catwoman, riddler, two-face, freeze, ivy, and bane.

which keaton batman would it be, the original or the batman returns one?
why not a forever batman (one regular and one sonar), and a forever robin and a b&r batman, robin, and batgirl?

Although I am definitely more of a Batman fan, has to be Reeve 100%. ALthough I of course would not be against HT making both.......please. :D

Custom Workz is a kind a god of Keaton-Bats.
PM him - he will help you.

Although I am definitely more of a Batman fan, has to be Reeve 100%. ALthough I of course would not be against HT making both.......please. :D

Quite agree.

The films were legendary back then. The music always gave me goosebumps with excitement.

So uplifting.

I've always loved that pose.
supermanstand.jpg

supermanreevequote2fl7.png

The music always gave me goosebumps with excitement.

So uplifting.
Same here. Still does, when you here those first few notes.

Dum de dum......................dum de dum...

Then POW, the score kicks in and it is still amazing. Just evokes Superman.

Back