Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Toys Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman?

• Total voters
As far as i'm concerned the ONLY batman is BALE. Keaton and everyone else was terrible. Reeves as Superman was legendary.

Reeve all the way. He is a Superhero Icon- I need a Superman figure, and will not settle for that poser Brandon Routh in his inaccurate costume. Hell, Dean Cain was a more believable Superman than Routh, and Cain was restricted by a TV budget. Keaton was a compelling Batman for the time, his performance a revelation, but the films hold up devastatingly poorly, though I do consider myself a Keaton (as an actor) fan. (He kicks ass in "Much Ado About Nothing".)

Keaton, hands down. THE definitive batman, imho. If a superman got made, of course, Reeve is the only superman period in my eyes, he is probably the definitive superhero of both, but i personally want a well made Keaton first. I'd buy both however

I need a Superman figure, and will not settle for that poser Brandon Routh in his inaccurate costume. Hell, Dean Cain was a more believable Superman than Routh

Choking on my coffee. What! you're kidding right?

All this talk about the inaccurate costume. If you check superman's history his costume has had many changes

I'm going for Reeve. We need something to make up for that awful DC direct statue.

Choking on my coffee. What! you're kidding right?

All this talk about the inaccurate costume. If you check superman's history his costume has had many changes

I'm going for Reeve. We need something to make up for that awful DC direct statue.

Superman's costume has had a basic look for decades. Cain's costume was close to Reeve's costume, was close to Byrne's costume, was close to Swan's costume, you get the picture. Yes, it was a bit different early on, and the shield especially has evolved some over the years, but the fact remains that the reds were too dark on the Routh costume, as well as the shield too small. To my knowledge, he has never had the "S" on his belt, either. It looked like overkill, the aesthetics were bad.
Ohyeah! The cape attachment looked bad, too. Superman has always had that cool "cape tucked in" look at the neckline, and Routh's costume did away with that. It just seemed like the coolest things about Supe's costume were done away with for the Routh, and for no good reason. The "panties" rode too low, and the boots were a bit too short, too. The lowered "underpants" combined with a smaller "S" made his torso look too enlongated- it exaggerated his appearance, making his legs look short, and his torso too tall.

Last edited:
but the fact remains that the reds were too dark on the Routh costume, as well as the shield too small. To my knowledge, he has never had the "S" on his belt, either. It looked like overkill, the aesthetics were bad.
It was a new interpretation of the costume, that's why some things were changed.

I loved the new suit, the little 's' making up the large S on the shield was a nice touch.

It was a new interpretation of the costume, that's why some things were changed.

Well, that's obvious.
That said, I thought it got rid of the best details of the classic costume in favor of pointless changes. it was an unnecessary new interpretation, just Bryan Singer's way of putting his own mark on it. Not needed.

Reeve Superman ftw.
While I want a Keaton Batman I'll take a Reeve Superman in a heart beat.

Keaton Batman, no doubt.

Menacing, dark, black, a cool mask, gadgets + even a batmobile => all the stuff a serious superhero must be made of ánd would be nice to have in a 1/6 scale :)

OE YEAH!:chew
batmankeaton3.jpg
Batman.jpg

Back