1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine from SS last night, but I could not get the lights to turn on. I followed the instruction and it said tab on the side of the dome... however, nothing is working. Any pointers? Yes, it is turned on, the sound works with remote control.

have you got the battery's in the right way round?

Sorry, nope.

Unique black ring around projector eye for one in ANH... easily seen with naked eye (and Sideshow of all things actually has it).

2/3 red/1/3 blue light in front also unique to ANH.

R2_Tantive_1280.jpg

View attachment 365327

Get black tape or a marker and call it a day!!! :wink1:

The more I pop in this thread and see images of his guy the more I'm tempted to pick this up. That dome looks really nice.

I think so. I followed the diagram on the battery compartment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

My friend and I each ordered one. They both arrived yesterday. Mine worked fine. His did not. He had to take out the screws from under the dome and pull out the wiring. The panel that you make contact with to turn the lights on was mis aligned. He bent it out (toward the metal dome) and put it back together. Works like a charm now. Good luck!

Someone mentioned that the wires are brass or gold in the originals, and darker in the Force Awakens. But essentially, they are 95%+ the same from all I've seen. So, for me, it's displayed as the OT R2 even if that's not technically accurate.

That's exactly my point. Why not just make an all encompassing R2 that has all the tools/weapons from Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Phantom Menace, Clones, Sith and Awakens? He looks the same and it's not like those tools are some crazy intricate tooling.

I mean I know why they do it, so they can pump out more than one release, but it's still annoying how these toy companies don't ever try to make definitive versions.

With that said, if I got such an R2, all of that stuff would most likely stay in the box after I was done messing around with it. :lol Still, it'd be nice to get something more than just a rolling electronic trash can.

That's exactly my point. Why not just make an all encompassing R2 that has all the tools/weapons from Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, Phantom Menace, Clones, Sith and Awakens? He looks the same and it's not like those tools are some crazy intricate tooling.

I mean I know why they do it, so they can pump out more than one release, but it's still annoying how these toy companies don't ever try to make definitive versions.

With that said, if I got such an R2, all of that stuff would most likely stay in the box after I was done messing around with it. :lol Still, it'd be nice to get something more than just a rolling electronic trash can.

That's exactly what SS did with theirs but I'm guessing you don't like the SS version?

I've got lights but no sound. The light in the A in the remote lights up but no beeps or boops

Update: it actually does make sound but it's super quiet. I have to put my ear next to it to hear anything.

Last edited:
HT is NOT a master of electronics. That's for sure.

Indeed. But at least with this guy if you are lucky enough to get a functional one you don't have to completely undress a costume with several layers to access a battery compartment every time you turn it on and off:slap

My friend and I each ordered one. They both arrived yesterday. Mine worked fine. His did not. He had to take out the screws from under the dome and pull out the wiring. The panel that you make contact with to turn the lights on was mis aligned. He bent it out (toward the metal dome) and put it back together. Works like a charm now. Good luck!

AWESOME. will try that out.

That's exactly what SS did with theirs but I'm guessing you don't like the SS version?

The Sideshow one looks good, but this one looks better.

An amalgamation of the two would probably be the perfect R2. So many of Hot Toys new releases are so barebones now. It's like the bare minimum. Even their bases reflect this chintzy, half assed philosophy they seem to have.

Back