1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today. Electronics work great. The metal dome is as expected, better quality than SS. I was surprised that the body was made of the similar lightweight plastic like the SS. Joints and paint apps are much better.
Honestly love this figure, looks like a mini R2 (obviously), I'm pumped I got it!

I might get this r2 down the road. I bought there sphero r2 as I could not resist the electronics by using the phone app. it will probable look better then the sideshow one I have and be a nice place holder until I get the hot toys version.

I feel if all figures came with a remote to turn on their light effects... I would definitely be using them more often and enjoying them a lot more. They feel so under-utilized because nobody wants to go in each display and turn each one on individually.

Even though this R2 is touch activated as well, a remote system would be the future, amiright.

Kara, how is it compared to the Sideshow?

i think the HT one is a lot better, the tools on the SS is cool but unless you use them the HT is better in pretty much every way. It's the second best 1/6 R2 I have.

I feel if all figures came with a remote to turn on their light effects... I would definitely be using them more often and enjoying them a lot more. They feel so under-utilized because nobody wants to go in each display and turn each one on individually.

Even though this R2 is touch activated as well, a remote system would be the future, amiright.
Remote is just the sounds from what I found.

It's not that big of a deal to tap the side panel to turn on the lights. Darth Vader is another story. They should come with a kit for a light saber and belt boxes/chest box.

I need another couple detolfs desperately. . .

Nice figure. Much lighter than expected. I don't normally care for gimmicks, but the lights and sounds are pretty sweet. And he has so many sounds from the original films. Too bad I can't upload videos here.
2ae18c4081a05311771c88bd70ad2bb0.jpg

Nice job using R2 to cover the bottom half of Leia's crappy gown, lol.

Nice job using R2 to cover the bottom half of Leia's crappy gown, lol.
I must be the only collector on earth who doesn't have a major issue with the stock gown. But I think it's fine. The stock Solo sculpt I could not abide, though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just realized what's been bugging me about him: the lights come on in the wrong sequence. It should be the dome lights first, then the holo projectors. That way he could be displayed like he normally is. Just like Sideshow's. Anyone taken it apart to see how to change the sequence?

Just realized what's been bugging me about him: the lights come on in the wrong sequence. It should be the dome lights first, then the holo projectors. That way he could be displayed like he normally is. Just like Sideshow's. Anyone taken it apart to see how to change the sequence?

So, this guy just got dethrowned with your post:

th.jpg

Back