1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sideshow one looks good, but this one looks better.

An amalgamation of the two would probably be the perfect R2. So many of Hot Toys new releases are so barebones now. It's like the bare minimum. Even their bases reflect this chintzy, half assed philosophy they seem to have.
On the other side of the spectrum is Dam Toys, which releases Hot Toys quality figures with an insane amount of accessories for a very reasonable price. This release has a small number of accessories relative to their typical release, but includes two whole figures, and way more accessories than you get with a typical HT figure:

https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Vincent-Kerr-Heart-4-Gangster-s-Kingdom-DAM-p/dam-gk015.htm

Sure, they aren't licensed. But HT doesn't pay $150 per figure for the privilege of releasing a licensed product, so that's not an excuse.

well so was the sideshow was it not if I remember right. wonder how much smaller would the sphero R2 be next to the HT R2

23951e870b4e978dfec8da01c3673e3d.jpg

Here's a quick shot. The height difference is minimal but the sideshow has more girth. I can measure if you like.

Sorry don't have the HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23951e870b4e978dfec8da01c3673e3d.jpg

Here's a quick shot. The height difference is minimal but the sideshow has more girth. I can measure if you like.

Sorry don't have the HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it`s not to bad height wise. but it makes it up with all the cool features. almost like a miniature r2-d2 but only smaller. might get the hot toys down the road but right now I might pick up sphero tomorrow

There's a company that does them GTO I think. Label them space walls to not get any copyright infringement I suppose. Mainly 1/12 scale but they did a small run of 1/6.

I may wait and let HT solve the electronics problem before ordering..just give it a little time.
Then we will see a TFA R2 version 1.2 like that crazy colored Yoda.

I prefer the HT one. Not enough to sell the SS and acquire it if I could only have 1, but the HT is better looking IMO.

Not sure why it photographs a touch yellow, it doesn't look like that at all in person. If anything the SS looks too grey in person:

9d4a2104e8981ec715f85111f4ebe8ea.png
4f7cdeb63e5cdf4adc11a37c30a5abcf.png
cfba9e1946b00cb5ae04a56a4717fb3d.jpg
4953ac94baac486b5785c2d24ddabc85.jpg
03b0b060a527099b5fa86e3df96550cd.jpg

I think the shots with the Tam 3PO tell the tale.

Last edited:
HT is definitely bulkier. Not by a ton, but he's bigger.

I'm sure it's been brought up but the HT ankle joints are 100Xs better. SS are crap.

I need another couple detolfs desperately. . .

Nice figure. Much lighter than expected. I don't normally care for gimmicks, but the lights and sounds are pretty sweet. And he has so many sounds from the original films. Too bad I can't upload videos here.
2ae18c4081a05311771c88bd70ad2bb0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back