HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was still hoping they could have maybe done an "all in one" Vader. Having swap out parts to make it an ANH, ESB/ROTJ or a ROTS. Three different helmets, different shoulder pads, gloves.... Would it have been that difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm holding out on Vader until they make 1/6 ESB Vader. No interest in ANH figures... when it comes to SW, there are specific versions of characters I want.

I thought there maybe would be a reveal of this guy and/or the 1/4 Stormtrooper for Force Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well this piece surely takes forever to go up...

21386182215_9efaf23199_k.jpg

21198314498_35c9ac39ed_k.jpg

21375349232_248088e812_k.jpg

21198049820_3317963324_k.jpg

21199239689_8e3ee5bc8f_k.jpg

20763456104_ce605eba0f_k.jpg

21198060430_c4edfe996c_k.jpg

Something about this version makes the helmet look too large for his head. A little bigger and it would come close to Dark Helmet in Spaceballs.

Helmet sculpt is underwhelming. You'd think a company like Hot Toys, on a figure in 1/4 scale, would do something more with the mesh behind the vertical grills on the mouthpiece. Right now, it's very obvious that whole area is a single sculpted plastic chunk. Just feels like they took a smaller helmet and blew it up.

And it's ROTS Vader. Meh all over.

Helmet sculpt is underwhelming. You'd think a company like Hot Toys, on a figure in 1/4 scale, would do something more with the mesh behind the vertical grills on the mouthpiece. Right now, it's very obvious that whole area is a single sculpted plastic chunk. Just feels like they took a smaller helmet and blew it up.

It's a prototype

At least the helmet looks accurate in shape. That gives this an advantage over every other mass produced Vader item produced (except full size masks). Honestly, the worst thing I can say about this is that it is based on ROTS. Everything else seems to be what I would want in a quarter scale vader.

I thought the same thing. Do you think this is hand sculpted or 3d modeled?

I think it is 3D modeled, based off the original digital model used for the movie prop. I think the reason most mass produced Vader items are based off or ROTS is because they can utilize that original digital model.

Exactly. You'd think the prototype would look better than a mass-market piece. :lol

Actually by definition they generally aren't, except in this industry. Though they aren't really prototypes tbh, the prototype is usually molded and casted and then painted and that's what we see. An advertisement piece called a prototype ;p

I think it is 3D modeled, based off the original digital model used for the movie prop. I think the reason most mass produced Vader items are based off or ROTS is because they can utilize that original digital model.

I noticed that too. I wish that the actual production pieces would look exactly identical if they had the original digital model.

I also noticed that Hot Toys didn't put the sculptors for the head sculpts of their helmeted Star Wars figures (as opposed to the ones with human likeness), which could also support the theory of them using digital scans/models.

I.E. for the 1/6 Vader figure

Artists:
Figure Painted by Lok Ho
Figure Art Directed by JC. Hong

This would have been great if based on Vader from Star Wars, Empire or Jedi.

I would never buy anything from the prequel trilogy.

Nicely done, though.

has anyone heard a word why theres this delay in putting him up for PO ?

Helmet looks super cheap like a blow-molded candy dispenser(really)
Production will be much much better- bet this is a long way off..

Forget it if it is ROTS though

Back