HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think HT might release 2 1/4th scale darth vader, episode 3, and episode 5,6. I can't think that they abandoned this golden goose. Maybe the episode3 ver. is first and later they might release ESB ver. darth vader :)

I will TRY to pass on the ROTS Vader, & hope they do an ESB/ROTJ Vader soon. Cause if they do, I'll be all over that like stink on a monkey! But, yes, after getting my Boba?... it's gonna be difficult to not over do it when Vader hits.
I'm also very interested in the Stormtrooper. & God help me if they do a 1/4 scale Scout with Speeder Bike figure!

After seeing how nice the 1/6 Vader turned out (besides the gloves and horrible electronics of course), I bet this Vader ends up being magnificent.

So is this an Ep III Vader? If so how much does that suit differ from ESB and ROTJ? Why not just make a ESB version from the start?

Symmetrical helmet, one piece shoulder armor, and in set electrical box are the main differences. They're probably getting to them, but a lot of us (or just me) really like ROTS Vader. No doubt it will be amazing upon release.

the shoulder armor is the only thing I dislike .. I also hope he is not smaller compared to the David Prows figure

I think the main differences between ROTS and ESB darth vader are height and proportion. It's the main reason why people prefer ESB ver. darth vader

As far as the helmets go, I do prefer the OT helmets. I don't have an ESB or ROTJ Vader helmet (one day :pray:), but here are my eFX ANH & my MR ROTS helmets.

image.jpg

Hope it uploads straight

I've always wished the OT helmets were symmetrical. It looks like Vader took a wicked left hook and never fixed it.

As said.. I hope HT makes him the same hight as the OT Vader is.. then its almost certain I will put my order in and prefer this over the Sideshow one.. just dont get why it takes them so long...

do you think there is a chance they will insert different shoulder armor and chest plate to give a ESB display option ???

Wait what?

:slap

For someone who is the right hand to the GALACTIC EMPEROR, it looks kinda silly that his equipment is in disrepair. I know why it's like that (tech limitations during filming), but I'm looking at it logically, not through nostalgia. When's the last time you've seen an asymmetrical helmet, mask, or any kind of gear in real life..? Idk maybe I just personally prefer symmetry.

Well it's a movie not real life, and the OT universe is known for a used, non-shiny look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I get that. Was just thinking in the context of the universe. The Empire is loaded from extorting the galaxy and Vader can't get a nice helmet.. Not thinking about it in terms of OT vs PT.

Anyways, I feel like we aren't going to hear about this for a while. Kinda sad. This is the first 1/4 piece I'm really hyped about getting. Just want a preorder page and release window Hot Toys!

do you think there is a chance they will insert different shoulder armor and chest plate to give a ESB display option ???

If they do this, I will order on the first day! But they would also have to put in a switch-out helmet. & it's for that reason, I doubt that they'd do it.
The reason I prefer the asymmetrical OT helmet, is visually it's more menacing.

Back