HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the next vader in 1/4 that we gonna get will be either from XM or a Rogue one version from domestic companies

Yes it has been confirmed since the first reveal that it is ROTJ.
I wonder what accesories come with it. The StormTrooper 1/4 seemed to have the figure and all accesories on display so I was hoping the same with the Vader.

The quality on this is amazing. I saw it up close at the con and If someone had told me it was a statue I would have believed. I don't collect Star Wars at all but this one of the most impressive pieces there.

Ahoy!

So this was a piece I was really interested in seeing in person. I'm not a ROTS Vader fan, but it seemed from the earlier pics in this thread that (with some small mods here and there) it could pass as a ESB/ROTJ Vader.

Luckily, the lenses don't appear all that flat as I'd feared, but the mod work that would need to be done to the top of the chest plate for the helmet to sit on would take a bit of doing... Not impossible, but work nonetheless.

Unfortunately (for me), the helmet sculpt feels true to ROTS (soft transitions), but with a small mod to create an ESB helmet is doable, but...well you know, work.

I suppose I'll hold out for a while and see if HT produces an OT 1/4 scale.

If you're a ROTS fan though, this looks like the 1/4 scale for you! Nice quality, indeed.

Cheers,

Darth 1.jpg

Ahoy!

So this was a piece I was really interested in seeing in person. I'm not a ROTS Vader fan, but it seemed from the earlier pics in this thread that (with some small mods here and there) it could pass as a ESB/ROTJ Vader.

Luckily, the lenses don't appear all that flat as I'd feared, but the mod work that would need to be done to the top of the chest plate for the helmet to sit on would take a bit of doing... Not impossible, but work nonetheless.

Unfortunately (for me), the helmet sculpt feels true to ROTS (soft transitions), but with a small mod to create an ESB helmet is doable, but...well you know, work.

If you're a ROTS fan though, this looks like the 1/4 scale for you! Nice quality, indeed.

Cheers,

View attachment 196084

I'm with you. Patient game this figure stuff. If you go all out you'll run out of bullets.

Also need to think about room.

man...i'm not a Vader Connoisseur but i love the character due to being a Star Wars movie fan :) So i'm not too clued up on the difference between lenses, chest panel designs or helmet sizes :dunno to me it looks like Vader :lol so i'm certainly keen to see which accessories this piece comes with, not to mention what are the light up features before i commit to pre ordering the Sideshow PF or indeed wait for XM's Vader...

Ahoy!

Cheers,

View attachment 196084

SO you saw both version (this and Sideshows) in person.. how those to pieces compare to each other in your opinion ?

I really dislike HT's solution for the gloves.
Looks pretty bad. At this scale at least you would expect something better, a fully functional glove shouldn't be out of the question...

Back