HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already getting the 1/4 boba fett and was looking forward to a 1/4 empire or Jedi Vader to go with. Now what? Almost tempted to cancel boba, but probably won't as it looks great. Congrats I guess to those who want this version, I haven't entirely ruled it out but definitely would have preferred OT. Child Boba Fett in 1/6 must be next.

Already getting the 1/4 boba fett and was looking forward to a 1/4 empire or Jedi Vader to go with. Now what? Almost tempted to cancel boba, but probably won't as it looks great. Congrats I guess to those who want this version, I haven't entirely ruled it out but definitely would have preferred OT. Child Boba Fett in 1/6 must be next.

:goodpost: I have had the same thoughts myself. If we don't get ROTS Vader, Fett's going to be the lone 1/4 SW piece for a while. I'll keep my flex payments going and think on what direction I want to take with these 1/4 pieces for a while.

Speaking of the SS PF, do you think that the Darth and Boba are actually better quality/accuracies than anything HT can make? They look very detailed, and I understand they are stuck in that pose but what would be the pros and cons of PF beyond just poseability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of the SS PF, do you think that the Darth and Boba are actually better quality/accuracies than anything HT can make? They look very detailed, and I understand they are stuck in that pose but what would be the pros and cons of PF beyond just poseability?

They are based on different costumes from different films, so you really can't do a side by side comparison for accuracy.

I meant for those who have had experiences with the PF statues sorry. Not just comparing the suits ect. Like the quality ect.

I have had good luck with SS's quality. All of my PF's paint is great. HT's wasn't offering 1/4 scale pieces though and given the choice, I chose HT for Boba Fett. They have a proven track record of production quality, where SS is sometimes lacking. It's not QC that made my decision though, it's overall look, and mainly poseabilty.

I can't wait to see the finished version of this !! Anyone has an insight when this will go up ?

I have had good luck with SS's quality. All of my PF's paint is great. HT's wasn't offering 1/4 scale pieces though and given the choice, I chose HT for Boba Fett. They have a proven track record of production quality, where SS is sometimes lacking. It's not QC that made my decision though, it's overall look, and mainly poseabilty.

Thank you Patriot!
Now what are your feelings on this potential ROTS Vader? Would you rather this over the PF for the reasons you said above?

And I have also POed the HT Fett.

Thank you Patriot!
Now what are your feelings on this potential ROTS Vader? Would you rather this over the PF for the reasons you said above?

And I have also POed the HT Fett.

I think this will turn out great and that HT will nail it accuracy wise. I'm a fan of ROTS, but I prefer the OT Vader helmet due to the bubble eye lenses. The ROTS helmet has flat lenses. It's not the only difference, but it's the one that bothers me the most. Again, they are different suits from different films, so it's basically just personal preference. I have good reason to believe that SS uses same factory in China for their Vader statues that Cinemaquette uses, so they are typically very well done, but I do like the option to repose it when I get bored with looking at it. If I knew absolutely nothing about Darth Vader's helmet's/suits and was just looking for a Vader to put on the shelf, I think I'd go with the HT.

Thanks Patriot666!
Good insight and opinion. I am a big Vader fan...but I'm not so sure how much I care about the specifics. Like most of us, we'd like to see some more photos of this Vader to see what it looks like and what it comes with. I'm leaning more towards Hot Toys as I have many and already have 2 of the 1/4 scales (batman and endo) and love them. Was just curious about what else is out there. Thank you.

No problem bebe13junior! :hi5: I have the endo too and it has definitely influenced my interest in poseable 1/4 figures. I've changed his pose a couple times now and it's been a lot of fun. Refreshes the display too.

anybody knows if the final version will be at SDCC ?

I have pre-ordered Fett but will pass on this in the hope that an ESB one will turn up later. TBH I wasn't really looking to step up to 1/4 scale as I'm happy with the 1/6th stuff. Fett looked a little too good to pass on and will be one of the stand-out pieces in my collection. I was going to be very selective on which 1/4 pieces I pick up given their increased cost and room needed to display them. This ROTS Vader makes it easier for me to pass for now.

.......Looks pretty amazing actually. If they throw in the freshly charred ROTS Anakin head I might be tempted.

I can see something like that, that would look amazing on 1/4 scale, especially the charred bits.

image.jpg

Batman got two extra headsculpts including a Bale portrait and the Iron Man got a Teally nice Robert Downey Jr. Head, I think Anakin could be a possibility.

Back