HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they nailed everything about this figure. I would normally never collect 1/4, but its Vader. He will be my one and only 1/4 scale, and the centerpiece of my collection.

Same here, it's just too awesome for me to pass up on. Although I have a Neca 1/4 scale xenomorph, so Vader will be my second and last 1/4 scale figure.

Yeah this will probably be the only 1/4 figure I ever get, especially at these prices. The only others I might consider are a CR Supes or a Xenomorph, but I don't see those ever happening.

Tho it wont be 1:4 scale I dream about hot toys doing an alien queen figure in this size range. I'd so order this Vader if I wasn't locked into 1:6 already, the proto is pretty much perfection.

I’ve always wanted 1/4 scale Vader, Fett and Stormtrooper. It’d pretty much complete my collection once the Stormtrooper Pre order goes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Initially i thought it was perfect but I'm starting to notice little things.

i think the chin area is too "fat" and the lower mouth triangle too big. anyone think that?

It's still the closest figure to Screen Vader though , but at 600$ I'm starting to think only a helmet prop scan would be appropriate for the head sculpt

Yeah. It is true that it isn’t perfect yet. But I’d be extremely satisfied with what we’ve seen thus far. I’d prefer a more filled out body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue I see with the helmet is the mouth being too symmetrical, but that's a very minor thing and barely perceptible. I do agree the body needs to be bulked up, but that should be easy enough to do ourselves.

Initially i thought it was perfect but I'm starting to notice little things.

i think the chin area is too "fat" and the lower mouth triangle too big. anyone think that?

It's still the closest figure to Screen Vader though , but at 600$ I'm starting to think only a helmet prop scan would be appropriate for the head sculpt

I don't think we will ever get complete perfection when it comes to vader....my only real nitpick is that the neck could be a tad longer...but other wise damn if the production piece looks as good as the proto i for one will be a very happy chappy:)

Just preordered this incredible 1:4 Vader. I’ve been going back and forth on it and finally decided I had to jump on it before they were no longer available. The portrait is just absolutely stunning and really puts this Vader over the top! The pose options on this piece will look amazing in a display!

Has there been a single picture of Vader where he is wearing the helmet? Other than the promo shots. I want to see how the helmet looks outside of the lighting setup in the promo pictures. ESB 1/6th Vader looked great in the promotional stuff but looks like crap in shots where there is more normal lighting conditions.

I'm also still a bit on the fence with this. It seems everybody is considering it to be the Vader to end all Vaders, but I'm still skeptical. More photos from conventions would certainly help. Would definitely love to add a 1:4 Vader to the collection.
Having said that, at 1:4, it should be easier to modify things if they are off, so there's that... I guess I just have to pre-order and hope for the best. :lol

I have this on preorder. My reason is that every single 1/4 scale Vader to date has not impressed me. I can’t stand the foolish poses that everyone goes with. This piece will be sculpted impeccable, no doubt, and with the pose ability along with the unmasked portrait the possibilities for pose options will be endless! This piece will DEF stand out in a collection and I can’t wait to get him!

I pre-ordered and I’m hoping for the best. However, I would really like to see a photo from a convention where the helmet is on the figure. The human head looks good but I would rarely ever display the figure with the helmet off so it is not as important as making sure this thing has an accurate helmet sculpt.

Honestly, I generally feel skeptical about any Vader with a reveal function. The helmet always suffers.

Looks amazing overall, but as others have mentioned, needs a bit more bulk. To me the thing that stands out is the width of the shoulders. Part of what made Vader so intimidating was Prowse's size. When I look at the figure without the helmet, the shoulders almost seem wide enough. With the helmet on, the shoulders don't look quite wide enough and the cape seems to hang more 'straight down' as opposed to draping off the shoulders and then hanging down, if that makes sense. Everything else looks pretty amazing to me.

Why is nobody complaining about the stupid damn tusk seam being on this? It's bad on the ESB Vader and its gonna look even worse on this big thing. If enough people email them about it we can get them to fix it. Sure this'll get delayed but it'll look better for it. Also as other people have pointed out he's too scrawny for Vader.

Oh yeah, you're right. The seam doesn't look as bad in some shots, like the one below, but it's definitely there. Which is bizarre since there doesn't seem to be any need for it.

star-wars-darth-vader-quarter-scale-figure-hot-toys-902506-15.jpg

Back