HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have not seen you around SW threads for long time, you're going full speed with Marvel ?

Hey man hows it going? Yeah, I needed a serious SW detox after TLJ. I had a good cleanse with Gundam, happily went through all the MCU films for the first time (I had seen about half of them), and made my peace with the SW series. I decided I'm only going to look at SW prior to 2012.

And yeah, I'm gonna go pretty big into Marvel i think. So many great characters and films. It's actually kind of sad how the MCU can make 20 films of consistent quality and an interconnected plot (releasing 3 per year), but SW can't put 2 good films in a row. Go figure...

Hey man hows it going? Yeah, I needed a serious SW detox after TLJ. I had a good cleanse with Gundam, happily went through all the MCU films for the first time (I had seen about half of them), and made my peace with the SW series. I decided I'm only going to look at SW prior to 2012.

And yeah, I'm gonna go pretty big into Marvel i think. So many great characters and films. It's actually kind of sad how the MCU can make 20 films of consistent quality and an interconnected plot (releasing 3 per year), but SW can't put 2 good films in a row. Go figure...

I still consider my post-RotJ SW to be what’s called Legends now. Those books may not be perfect, but for the most part, they’re better than what’s come out since Disney took over. Just my point of view. And yea, I have a strong feeling this Vader is going to be the GOAT of and scale Vader figure.

ORDERED! So excited. Sorry War Machine, but you can't compare to the GOAT.

I still consider my post-RotJ SW to be what’s called Legends now. Those books may not be perfect, but for the most part, they’re better than what’s come out since Disney took over. Just my point of view. And yea, I have a strong feeling this Vader is going to be the GOAT of and scale Vader figure.

I agree 100%. The Legends stories are so good by comparison. They can call it non-canon, but at this point, we have to salvage Star Wars anyway we can. They can keep their fanfiction level stories and horrid retcons.

I couldnt care less about that abomination, at this point i seriously dont care. Buy hey Hot Toys is now giving fantastic Prequels figures which is absolutely amazing to me, and the resurrection of Clone Wars series also! SW is not dead to me, at least I could say George Lucas's Star Wars.

I couldnt care less about that abomination, at this point i seriously dont care. Buy hey Hot Toys is now giving fantastic Prequels figures which is absolutely amazing to me, and the resurrection of Clone Wars series also! SW is not dead to me, at least I could say George Lucas's Star Wars.

Yeah the turning point for me was last weekend when I was finally able to separate it out into Lucas's SW and Disney's SW. Prior to that, I was just telling myself SW was dead. The latter will be wiped from my memory. I hated TFA and TLJ, RO was pointless, I skipped Solo, and I'm not watching IX. I'm def excited about CW returning only because Dave Filoni is doing it. He's the sole beacon of hope at Lucasfilm. Everything else SW related is pretty depressing. But we will always have the OT and the PT to look back on. And yes, the PT figs do look fantastic, but I'm getting this Vader as my grail and then I'm out. Other than that its Marvel all the way. I'm happy for you guys though. Dooku and Maul look ace!

Better be good after having 3 years to work on it.

Unfortunately, Quarter scale is the "line" my wife would have on my collecting.

If the pictures are anything to go by, this will be THE Vader to have. And I think my wife would agree as well. It might even be like you can have this one and that's it. :lol

I just tell my wife it’s only gonna be a 1/4 Vader...and a 1/4 Joker...and if I find for a good price, 1/4 T-800 Endo....

....AND THATS IT!!! I swear.....

Yeah the turning point for me was last weekend when I was finally able to separate it out into Lucas's SW and Disney's SW. Prior to that, I was just telling myself SW was dead. The latter will be wiped from my memory. I hated TFA and TLJ, RO was pointless, I skipped Solo, and I'm not watching IX. I'm def excited about CW returning only because Dave Filoni is doing it. He's the sole beacon of hope at Lucasfilm. Everything else SW related is pretty depressing. But we will always have the OT and the PT to look back on. And yes, the PT figs do look fantastic, but I'm getting this Vader as my grail and then I'm out. Other than that its Marvel all the way. I'm happy for you guys though. Dooku and Maul look ace!

Yeah for what it's worth I decided about 5 minutes into TFA that the Lucas films were the real star wars, and all this new stuff is just fan fiction from the a-holes who could afford to buy it.

I have been waiting for that Falcon Cockpit since HT announced it!... Since that probably won't happen, I think the first SW figure I ever purchase will be this 1/4 Vader... However, I would REALLY LIKE to see Jedi Luke in 1/4 as well!! I would then create the final scene with Luke holding his father in his arms "looking at him with his own eyes". I think that would be an epic diorama in that scale and a salute to Lucas SW!

I have been waiting for this figure forever. I always wanted a 1/4 Vader, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett. I really hope they take their time and do a good job. That's all I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah for what it's worth I decided about 5 minutes into TFA that the Lucas films were the real star wars, and all this new stuff is just fan fiction from the a-holes who could afford to buy it.

I held out hope up until the last "fight" in TLJ when Luke brushed his shoulders off and said "see you around kid." That was the moment it all came crashing down. As vanilla and plagiarized as TFA was, it did set up some interesting ideas. Mainly Snoke, Luke's past, Kylo's relationship with Vader, and the Knights of Ren. There was reason to be excited for TLJ. But then Roundhead Johnson stepped in..

Oh man a TLJ debate!

My big problems with the new Trilogy are:

Wasted potential to have Luke, Han, Leia (and Chewie, R2 and C3P0) all on screen together.

That Rey is uber amazing in everything without training. And it isn't because she is a female, which ppl always defend her with. I like that she's a female, just make it believable, with progression her path to being an uber powerful Jedi.

The whole "let past die" is kind of like who cares about the OT, the original characters (eg how they treated Lukes character). It's like they are just stepping stones to this new trilogy whereas they are actually the darn reason you have movies in the first place.

The bad attempt at humour. Misplaced in TLJ at times. I just watched Infinity War and they perfectly balanced the humour and the serious aspects. TLJ was like a long running joke amongst a backdrop of many many people being killed.

And I agree...TFA set us up with a lot of decent aspects like who is Snoke, maybe Rey will be trained by Luke. But they wasted all of that in TLJ.

Again...you had a chance to have Han, Luke, Leia etc, the original characters, to carry a new trilogy into the past amazing-ness of the OT and this is what we get. Just seems like such a waste.

PLEASE no more TLJ crap here... :( There are lots of places outside of this thread to discuss it.

We are getting a 1/4 version of the greatest villain of all time. That is plenty to talk about :)

I have been waiting for this figure forever. I always wanted a 1/4 Vader, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett. I really hope they take their time and do a good job. That's all I want.

I'll second that..for me the proto is near perfection...and seeing how great it looks takes the sting out of my disappointment at the newly released 1/6 Empire version...i just hope nothing gets lost in translation when it goes into production.

I held out hope up until the last "fight" in TLJ when Luke brushed his shoulders off and said "see you around kid." That was the moment it all came crashing down. As vanilla and plagiarized as TFA was, it did set up some interesting ideas. Mainly Snoke, Luke's past, Kylo's relationship with Vader, and the Knights of Ren. There was reason to be excited for TLJ. But then Roundhead Johnson stepped in..

Agree with everything...except any hope i had was quashed as early as the stupid misplaced Hux/Poe comic scene...it was all down hill after that...

PLEASE no more TLJ crap here... :( There are lots of places outside of this thread to discuss it.

We are getting a 1/4 version of the greatest villain of all time. That is plenty to talk about :)

Lol sorry. I haven't been here in a while and haven't gotten it out of my system. I think I'm good now. To be fair, at least it wasn't a debate haha. And you're right! We are getting the greatest villain of all in 1/4. Praise the Death Star!

Can’t wait for this to go next to Fett. I wonder if they’ll release the trooper or put out a ROTJ version to match this guy :pray:

Ah dammit, I'm going to order this... After tidying up my display room and getting my furniture all sorted, my quarter scale Mk.43 Iron Man needs a companion piece. Mark 45 is gone, Mark 42 is too similar, and Mark 3 while iconic is just so much more simplistic and I already have it in sixth scale.

I always said I'd stay away from Star Wars, because the Sideshow figures don't impress me... and even though Hot Toys are doing them now the MCU has more than kept me in check, and I always declared once I went down the rabbit hole of OT Star Wars it would be impossible to stop. Anywhere between 3 and 6-7 possible outfits for Luke, Leia and Han just from three movies. Three possible Vaders, the Emperor..

But this is Quarter Scale, and it's Vader who defined the role of memorable villain in the 70s and 80s. And he must be one of the most recognisable characters in movie history. Hell, even my late mother probably would have recognised him... And I know Jedi is the worst of the OT. Some would argue it's worse than some of the PT. But it's the movie I watched in the cinema as a 7 year old, had the movie book of and had the audio tape of. ESB I knew only in the form of it's movie book with photos and didn't get to see it until it hit TV in maybe my early teens... Being a sucker for sculpts I actually like the idea of using the Shaw head and having the helmet to the side (like I'm doing with Tony Stark now)

Now if one day Hot Toys will do 1/4 Terminator like their DX-13 and the Enterbay figure from years ago...

np40gw.jpg

wslqmc.jpg

That looks incredible.:clap

Even if it has a bit of a decaying Marlon Brando/Johnny Depp vibe.:dunno:lol

This figure is really good - wish I collected 1/4.

Yeah they nailed everything about this figure. I would normally never collect 1/4, but its Vader. He will be my one and only 1/4 scale, and the centerpiece of my collection.

Back