HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who have already POd your HT 1/4 Vader, did you go with the Exclusive or regular edition? The Exclusive light up stand for $15 more doesn’t really do anything for me. Just curious to see what you all decided on and why?

I'd always go with the exclusive. That's extra $15 will be worth about $80 later on. :lol

Sure if you're in the US the exclusive is an extra $15. Those outside the US however...

I think it was gonna cost me an extra $200AUD through SS for the exclusive once tax and shipping was added and local preorder discounts were taken into account. So no-brainer to go regular for some.

Sure if you're in the US the exclusive is an extra $15. Those outside the US however...

I think it was gonna cost me an extra $200AUD through SS for the exclusive once tax and shipping was added and local preorder discounts were taken into account. So no-brainer to go regular for some.

Exactly. :exactly: :goodpost:

I'm still undecided on this figure personally. On one hand, it would be a awesome center piece, but on the other hand, I could buy 2-3 sixth scale figures for the price of the quarter scale Vader. I'm hoping they shrink this one down to sixth scale soon.

This might be their RoTJ Vader and no 1:6, I think an announcement for 1:6 RoTJ would have hit us by now. Fingers crossed tho I'm happy with ESB for now.

I'm still undecided on this figure personally. On one hand, it would be a awesome center piece, but on the other hand, I could buy 2-3 sixth scale figures for the price of the quarter scale Vader. I'm hoping they shrink this one down to sixth scale soon.

Yeah even though I already ordered, I'm feeling now like this is one I could probably live without. And it's just hard to feel much excitement after already owning the ANH and ESB Vader for a while.

Unless I'm just completely blown away I'll probably pass it on and put that money towards something else instead.

This might be their RoTJ Vader and no 1:6, I think an announcement for 1:6 RoTJ would have hit us by now. Fingers crossed tho I'm happy with ESB for now.

Lord I hope not. I really want a ROTJ Vader in sixth scale. I passed on the ESB in hopes that they make a 1/6 version of the 1/4 that's coming out

Can’t remember the timing but I believe they released the 1/4 ROTJ Boba Fett before announcing the 1/6 version, but maybe I’m wrong there and there was some overlap where they were both still on pre-order. Either way it makes no business since to do that.

Honestly I'm worried about preordering these because the last time I preordered a Darth Vader from HT, or actually most figures i've gotten from them, have looked great in pre-production pics but turned out horrible. This would be my grail figure if it turned out good but I'm skeptical.

Just put in an order for the exclusive. This is looking to be a great year for Hot Toys quarter scales. Got Joker coming soon, Iron Man Mark 3 releasing in the summer, and Vader to cap off the end of the year!

Honestly I'm worried about preordering these because the last time I preordered a Darth Vader from HT, or actually most figures i've gotten from them, have looked great in pre-production pics but turned out horrible. This would be my grail figure if it turned out good but I'm skeptical.

Your Hot Toys figures were "horrible"? Sir, you have some tough standards.

I just can't stand how they haven't gotten vader's helmet nailed yet. I feel like if im paying close to 300 for a figure it should be accurate as possible and the recent release have been far from it.

Lord I hope not. I really want a ROTJ Vader in sixth scale. I passed on the ESB in hopes that they make a 1/6 version of the 1/4 that's coming out

The MMS452 Vader is close enough to the 1/4th scale Return of the Jedi Vader. It'd be really cool if Hot Toys came out with a quarter scale A New Hope Vader.

To be honest I would have paid extra to have an all in one Vader.
Swap-able parts to make him ANH or ESB/ROTJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back