HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help me out...what's the big difference between those movies. ..? I watched esb to rotj at least 200 times and still don't see it. .. and now rots. ..

The main difference is with the helmet. In the original movies it was hand-sculpted and asymmetrical and painted in an alternating black and silver (so it would stand out better on film), and that's what gave him a lot of his menace and personality. In ROTS they made the mask smaller, perfectly symmetrical, and all black.

Vader was also a lot bigger and beefier in the original movies while in ROTS he was played by Hayden Christensen who was of course a lot more slender. There are lots of other minor differences, but I'd say those are the main ones.

The only way I would get an episode 3 Vader is if it came with episode 4 switch out parts and jar jar binks decapitated head and a re-released dvd of episodes 1-3 with jar jar "re-imagined" out of the movies.

I mean this is probably an uber early prototype. Seems like Vader is a tough character to get right. I'm sure this will look very different. (I hope like the ESB Vader haha)

I'll take it. Vader is Vader.

Really?

Doesn't seem like you attach a lot of sentimental value to these toys and collect for 1/4 sake.

I will never own any figure from the presequal trilogy. Almost ruined my childhood memories of the original.mif I owned this I'd poke it like a voodoo doll.

Really?

Doesn't seem like you attach a lot of sentimental value to these toys and collect for 1/4 sake.

I will never own any figure from the presequal trilogy. Almost ruined my childhood memories of the original.mif I owned this I'd poke it like a voodoo doll.

Am I supposed to? I REALLY don't like the prequels, but they do nothing to tarnish the original trilogy for me. Even then, I don't feel ultra highly about the OT, but I have always loved the character of Darth Vader. I can take this 1/4 Vader and think of it as the Vader I've read about in comics and books taking place between trilogies. I can simply just not think about that one scene in ROTS.

For what it's worth, ANH Vader is my favorite.

Definately looks rots, dome shape, has it got flat lenses?, shoulder armou, I was going to try and get it but rots I can skip I don't like those subtle changes to Vader

Yes its HT .. they just posted pictures on Facebook also

Yep, Hot Toys.

Will wait to final product HQ photos to judge, now I'm a bit disappointed.

11156251_10152745266332344_5099665425106681566_n.jpg

why ? I think it looks awesome

I only hate that "long" upper armor. Aside that, is perfect.

If you can put the cape over the shoulders it may not bug me at all, so I'd wait for Hot Toys photos to see what they are capable of doing with it.

Is this ROTS? If yes, then why?

It is, Hot Toys confirmed it on FB:

"....In addition to the 1/6th scale Han Solo, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Obi-Wan, the prototypes of the 1/6th scale Sandtrooper and the 1/4th scale Darth Vader from Episode III Revenge of the Sith are being showcased for the first time ever worldwide! "

At least there's a 1/4 Vader for those who don't care which SW movie it's from -- no waiting for 3 years from the day it was announced and still have no idea if it's going to be made.

Congrats to those who are getting it. Now excuse me as I drop more tears on the print-out of the 3-year old 1/4 Keaton Batman Returns version announcement.

I like the option over the one from sideshow what I still think the pose is horrible. Now after I seen pictures of this piece showing at the celebration .. he has the wrestling pose I really dont like

I am not surprised it's ROTS. I'm no Vader costume expert, so when I look at it I just see "Vader", so will probably get it. For those who are particular on their movie version of Vader, HT is probably counting on X percentage of you caving because you are impatient and then buying TESB or ANH Vader later on when they release that. If they started with one of those, they'd minimize those who would buy multiple versions... Just my perspective.

Back