HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, never noticed the flat lenses before. That does look bad.

To me the problem is much more with the design itself than the fact it's symmetrical. Because this pic proved awhile ago that you can have a symmetrical mask that still looks pretty good, if you really insist on it being that way:

View attachment 180011
yep don't mind that, except for rots they chose a lesser look, if that was sold as empire Id be happy with that

Just finished watching III again. Great movie. I was looking at my CM afterwards and I definitely like the design of the ESB costume more than ROTS. It's not because it's iconic, it's just more asthetically fitting for the character IMO. It's mainly the flat lenses that throw the look of this new helmet off.

I threw up a bit when I read that it was the Episode III QS Vader. I mean, I probably can't spot the differences really well, but why not just go with the classics? Oh wells, either way if it turns out great, bought!

I think it is because hot toys and sideshow did a 1/6th from the classics so they thought fans wanted something else.

For example, hot toys has no plans to do r2 or c3 (for now) because they specifically mentioned sideshow done one and they thought it was great.

It is more about two companies trying to cover a large SW character base.

Overall, still a bit confused at the few people who don't mind this vader though they hate/dislike the movie it came from. Vader isn't Vader. For me it's like why first edition books are different to any type edition book (for book lovers) or a wine from the same vineyard but different year (for wine lovers) or same car but different year etc (for car lovers). Must be the degree of "hate/dislike" towards those movies. Some like the movie, some don't! :rotfl

The good thing for me is that this is indeed ROTS Vader I can save my money and wait for an OT Vader later.

I think it is because hot toys and sideshow did a 1/6th from the classics so they thought fans wanted something else.

For example, hot toys has no plans to do r2 or c3 (for now) because they specifically mentioned sideshow done one and they thought it was great.

It is more about two companies trying to cover a large SW character base.

Overall, still a bit confused at the few people who don't mind this vader though they hate/dislike the movie it came from. Vader isn't Vader. For me it's like why first edition books are different to any type edition book (for book lovers) or a wine from the same vineyard but different year (for wine lovers) or same car but different year etc (for car lovers). Must be the degree of "hate/dislike" towards those movies. Some like the movie, some don't! :rotfl

That makes sense, since they both officially announced publicly that they would be working together harmoniously.

Is that confirmed, that there will be no HT droids? I don't mind the wait because we still haven't had Luke or Leia yet, but if they aren't making them, then I might just hop on board the SSC versions despite current flaws.

I might be nitpicky about certain things, like I wouldn't want to see ROTS in the nameplate on the base... it's gotta be something from the originals. Also, seeing the helmets in the page before, something looks weird about the ROTS one. I might just stick with the 1/6 until a new version is out, or if the SSC PF gets fixed up here and there, settle for that one. I try not to acknowledge the prequels anymore (someone is gonna Yoda quote me :lol)

With the amount of 1/4 scale figures hot toys has made, I feel it would be unlikely that a 1/4 ESB vader would be in the cards for a very very long time.

This....

Just put a gloss on the lenses and u set...

Star Wars merch is about to go back into hyperdrive. Hot Toys is likely to produce more 1/4 figures than we've seen in the past. Or not, who knows...

A quarter scale ROTJ version woulda been badass. That version always looked the most imposing to me. Bulky with glossy armor.

I have to admit I'm not a fanatic enough to know the differences in Vader from one movie to the next. What is this asymmetry in his helmet that you guys are talking about?

I have to admit I'm not a fanatic enough to know the differences in Vader from one movie to the next. What is this asymmetry in his helmet that you guys are talking about?

The PT versions were all symmetrical whereas the OT was wonky and imperfect in many places. Most notable on ANH.

Taking the asymmetric out of the equation the main problem is it's just butt ugly when compared to the originals or rather it's is too neat and clean compared to the originals

Last edited:
Rots vader is easy pass for me. Too clean imo. I like my vader crooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic. I hope they do a 1/4 Darth Maul. I love the pose of the legendary scale darth maul but it's just too big and of course very expensive.

Back