Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plot will be good in 3 movies , which it needs but like aaron is saying what did everyone want is selfish.
Everyone wanted there movie and got Riley Scott's movie, i guess Avengers plot was amazing then to everyone:gah:
The Avengers (7,5/10) > Prometheus (4,6/10)

1/6 scale figures.:dunno
September :dunno

Some one should close this thread and forget about it at least until the end of August.

The closest might be when I said that if Shaw is the first/only figure that Hot Toys reveals that the line would not go very far. And I stand by that observation/prediction. .

I do not disagree at all. Elizabeth Shaw is certainly not a character that is trying to appeal to male fans based on her sex appeal. Sadly that really is all a significant portion of male collectors seem to care about with female characters.

I can understand fans of inventive designs just wanting the Engineer or other exotic characters. But anyone putting Vickers ahead of Shaw on a list of priorities is demonstrating a pretty shallow attitude. And I say that as someone who loves Charlize Théron.

Sons, I am disapoint. I'm surprised about the negative reactions and people ignoring Shaw and preferring secondary characters instead. Oh well, I'm with those who liked the movie, although not perfect, but I really liked it and want to see it again, and I want 1/6 figures from the movie. I mostly want to see the Engineer of course, Shaw and David. Vickers would be cool too, but not before the other 3 I said.

1237917779613a.jpg

Shaw was a very ham-fisted, pedestrian character portrayed by a not-very-good actress. That's why I don't give a damn about her. At least David & Vickers are interesting and given life by solid performances. And an Engineer/Jockey figure would just look cool (important for $200+ collectibles).

If the Shaw is the first/only figure revealed, the line will sputter and go no further (unless space jockey is already in the works, too).

Fassbender didn't do anything better than Holm or Henriksen did with their characters. :dunno

Vickers, as hawt as she is, didn't do anything that would make me buy a figure of her.

Shaw was at least the hero of the group.

But none of them did anything that would want me to put $210 Hot Toys figures of each on my shelf. At least the Jockey has a nice design.

Fabulous- !

Shaw, David and Vickers. Think Shaw and David might be first....HT needs to really get these done before too much time passes.....PLEASE!

This movie will be highly regarded as time passes like all great films. I thought it was stunning, beautiful something only Ridley Scott could do...the last shot was to satisfy those who demanded a direct link to the Alien movies, I think it should not have been included....

I do not disagree at all. Elizabeth Shaw is certainly not a character that is trying to appeal to male fans based on her sex appeal. Sadly that really is all a significant portion of male collectors seem to care about with female characters.

I can understand fans of inventive designs just wanting the Engineer or other exotic characters. But anyone putting Vickers ahead of Shaw on a list of priorities is demonstrating a pretty shallow attitude. And I say that as someone who loves Charlize Théron.

Shaw actually appeals to me quite a bit. She's a strong character and goes through so much. I probably wouldn't make the same decision she does at the end of the movie, but her character is one that wants to know "why" no matter what, and I can respect that. I think she's pretty cute too, to be honest.

Vickers was sort of a throw-away character imo. She seemed to be on the ship just for the one big reveal. Shaw's character was more pivotal to the story.

Shaw actually appeals to me quite a bit. She's a strong character and goes through so much. I probably wouldn't make the same decision she does at the end of the movie, but her character is one that wants to know "why" no matter what, and I can respect that. I think she's pretty cute too, to be honest.

I agree...A shaw figure would be really really cool...why would there even need to be a Vickers?? Vickers characater does nothing throughout the movie....Shaw is the "Ripley" of prometheus and deserves a figure...the only other ones I could see is David and the Engineer

I MIGHT by a Shaw in suit. But Vickers and David are the no-brainers to me for humans.

Actually, now that I think about it they should release Vickers in her duty uniform, David in his space suit, and then release Shaw with an alternate Vickers head and helmet so that you could make either Shaw or Vickers (or both) in their suits.

Why is Vickers a no brainer? She did absolutely zilch in the movie worthy of anything, much less HT greatness...Shaw...now that is the Ripley of this movie and needs a figure, along with David and the Engineer. My 2 cents.

Shaw was a very ham-fisted, pedestrian character portrayed by a not-very-good actress. That's why I don't give a damn about her. At least David & Vickers are interesting and given life by solid performances. And an Engineer/Jockey figure would just look cool (important for $200+ collectibles).

If the Shaw is the first/only figure revealed, the line will sputter and go no further (unless space jockey is already in the works, too).

Definitely a case of opinions here...I think exactly the opposite of you...Vickers was one of the weakes performances in the movie...Shaw really sold it for me...I would buy a figure of Shaw, not Vickers. But again...just my opinion.

I agree...A shaw figure would be really really cool...why would there even need to be a Vickers?? Vickers characater does nothing throughout the movie....Shaw is the "Ripley" of prometheus and deserves a figure...the only other ones I could see is David and the Engineer

Shaw is the heroine for sure, but she had a lousy script to work with, meaning her character wasn't anywhere near as developed as Ripley's was. As well, with no real monster in this movie she wasn't fighting against a thing so much as trying to solve a puzzle. Puzzle-solving, especially when it's unresolved, isn't seen by many as especially heroic.

Definitely a case of opinions here...I think exactly the opposite of you...Vickers was one of the weakes performances in the movie...Shaw really sold it for me...I would buy a figure of Shaw, not Vickers. But again...just my opinion.

It wasn't a weak performance by any stretch. I think Theron acquitted herself very well considering what the role demanded of her. Which unfortunately, wasn't much.

Man, I really want a Noomi figure from this movie, she looked amazing in it and I loved her character.

I enjoyed Prometheus, I wasn't expecting Alien revisited, I was expecting a closer look at what we only glimpsed in Alien. I have been waiting for this movie to be made for over 20 years, after I read about Ridley Scott's desire to do so in a book about the making of Alien. The Pyramid and the Space Jockey always intrigued me, and I was excited to learn more about them, and who they were. I am sure we all had preconceived notions, but why let the ideas you have cooked up in your own head ruin the movie for you? Some have said the script was bad, but I was so swept up in the world Scott created to even notice that. It definitely brought up more questions than it answered, but if Scott decides to expand on this world, I'll be happy to pay the price of admission.

My only 2 problems with this movie were Charlize Theron, as her character served absolutely no purpose in the movie, as a matter of fact I think if she was edited out, nobody would ever notice. The other problem is the "birth" at the end of the film. This felt tacked on and felt like a studio decision to me.

Scott tried to distance this movie from any real mention of Alien, and for good reason. This is a separate story set in the same world. Enjoy it for what it is, not what you wanted it to be.

Oh, and sign me up for a Space Jockey, Shaw and David by HT.

Also, she's Charlize Theron. Certainly the actor playing a role factors into HT's decision to make figures, right?

She used a flamethrower which in itself warrants an action figure.:D
And she wore this:

:drool

draft_lens19526872module159511450photo_1338747167az-.jpg

Not the best picture, but if you saw the film..you know how hot she looked in it. :lol

While searching for a better picture, I found this:

charlize-theron-as-meredith-vickers-in-prometheus.jpg

Perfect headsculpt :lol

Back