Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great clip :wave
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMKkeTTSbc&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Saw the commercial for Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows blu-ray and realized that Noomi Rapace was the cute gypsy girl in that movie, so I am doing a complete 180 and will consider getting Elizabeth Shaw if she is made, but do bring on Charlize.

Saw the movie today, already a big fan. Such great fantasy the writers of this movie have and I can't wait for what they come up with in the sequel.

Would definitely buy Hot Toys figures of Shaw, David, Vickers and the Engineer.

I don't understand all the hate for Vickers...

Where do people "hate" Vickers? They may find her character pointless, but I have not seen anyone actively dislike her. When you start a defence with a strawman argument, it usually goes downhill from there.

To say those who prefer Vickers over Shaw is shallow, is akin to saying those who prefer Han to Luke is Shallow...(and Han was a minor antagonist-turned co-protagonist)...

Sorry, that is a very inaccurate analogy. Han Solo's relative role in A New Hope is significantly greater than Vickers from the start. He is clearly meant as a co-protagonist with Luke and Leia. Vickers is more like C-3PO or R2-D2 in terms of importance - there to aid the story at key moments. Everything she does could have been passed to the Captain or David.

I would personally buy a Vickers figure if a Shaw figure was confirmed. I stand by the view that preferring Vickers over Shaw is just crassly sexist, i.e. choosing the more attractive woman regardless of the character.

Where do people "hate" Vickers? They may find her character pointless, but I have not seen anyone actively dislike her. When you start a defence with a strawman argument, it usually goes downhill from there.

Sorry, that is a very inaccurate analogy. Han Solo's relative role in A New Hope is significantly greater than Vickers from the start. He is clearly meant as a co-protagonist with Luke and Leia. Vickers is more like C-3PO or R2-D2 in terms of importance - there to aid the story at key moments. Everything she does could have been passed to the Captain or David.

I would personally buy a Vickers figure if a Shaw figure was confirmed. I stand by the view that preferring Vickers over Shaw is just crassly sexist, i.e. choosing the more attractive woman regardless of the character.

-----Sorry Hate is a strong word -- DISLIKE -- people have called her character worthless...I'd hate to hear that from anyone around me...

-----HAN SOLO was introduced as an antagonist when he first met Luke in the Cantina -- anyone who challenges a protagonist is an antagonist until roles change...He even wears BLACK AND WHITE symbolic of Good and Evil he even abandon's Luke -UNTIL the end and redeems himself as a character who is not just concerned about his reward.

------Do you mean "sexist" if I buy a TOY because of my preference of beauty? I'd buy the prettier toy, because I like looking at pretty things (that's why I buy toys in the first place -- Darth Vader Alien Godzilla are pretty to me) doesn't m ake me sexist.

I understand Shaw is the hero -- that Vickers is an antagonist (not the true villain - I understand the "hero's journey") -- but I don't buy toys based on heroism obviously when most of my collection consists of Villains who all happen to be dark in color (Darth Vader, Alien, Godzilla,-- that doesn't make me racist too, does it?

I don't buy toys based on importance to plot -- otherwise we'd all be buying the same things...I buy what appeals to me for one reason or another be it role, a memorable scene, something more presonal perhaps .--
Now if I was choosing a mate or friend I would obviously choose the one in better moral standing - but we're talking about toys -- she looked cool to me. So did Shaw, but if I only have budget for one, I'm buying the one that appeals to me...that's what we collect.

What appeals to me doesn't necessarily appeal to you -- doesn't make me better than u or vice versa...I"m not calling people who would buy Shaw over Holloway sexist --- and he sacrficed himself - the epitome of a heroic deed.

Here's a question, what if I found Shaw prettier and not Vickers, would that be sexist then? to label folks who make decisions not to one's liking is a judgment call -;)

And for the Record I think Noomi Rapace - Shaw is a beautiful Woman...I was elated when I found out she was the choice for the hero - If I JUDGED her based on her exterior, then I'm not just being sexist, but judgmental. But I'm not judging.
I just have aesthetic preferences - is that sexist? So I'm sexist because she appeals to me more than Shaw?

Last edited:
I stand by the view that preferring Vickers over Shaw is just crassly sexist, i.e. choosing the more attractive woman regardless of the character.

Not for me. I find the character of Shaw infinitely more dull and boring in comparison. I also don't really like Noomi Rapace as an actress. Not because of her looks. I just don't think she's that good. And her persona annoys me, for some reason. I think Theron, in comparison, has some real acting chops. It's not all about looks or "sexism".

That said, I probably wouldn't buy a Hot Toys figure of either. But I definitely prefer Vickers as a character, even if she's not the protagonist.

Last edited:
I would buy a Logan Marshall Green figure and I haven't even seen the movie... :lol
I thought I would dislike him..since everyone here went on and on about how horrible his acting was. But then I saw the movie and realized that everyone on this forum is completely full of ____.

I loved the movie, and he was actually one of my favorite characters.

I thought I would dislike him..since everyone here went on and on about how horrible his acting was. But then I saw the movie and realized that everyone on this forum is completely full of ____.

I didn't think he was a poor actor, I just didn't really like the character he played very much. He was kind of a jerk in my opinion.

Still hoping for Shaw, David, and Engineer in this line. If that's what we get, I'll be very happy.

I can see all the hate for Vickers aka CHarlize Theron, but we must understand she played the role perfectly. Her character was to be abstract and full of ambiguity. We were to question if she was an android or not. We are suppose to ask: Why didn't Weyland address her as her child, but mentioned David as his Son? Why was she able to shove David if he is twice the strength of a normal human? Did she have sex with Janek? Can androids mimic sex? Was Janek onto something, but didn't care cus he was drunk. I believe her character will appear in the sequel. I think the relationship between David, Shaw and Vickers will develop in the next installment. David will be repaired and his human emotions will play further. My hopes is that we see Michael Fassbender also come back as a human. Maybe a military scientist or something. Maybe the main protagonist. even a love interest to Shaw. Referring to the human counterpart, much to what Fincher did in ALien 3 with Bishop. I think Fassbender playing two characters would be interesting and take the story to another level. Also, I have a theory that the reason Guy Pierce was cast was he is set to return as his younger self. Or an android of himself with Weylands conscious. Who knows? but that would be cool to see an android that represents the young Weyland. LIke a backup plan. THe only reason I write this is to address the "blandness" of Vickers. It is a set up for the trilogy. Alien, Blade Runner, Predator, The Terminator even ALiens all got hate but years later they are now hailed as classics. The biggest complaint of Alien was the lack of developed characters, but as we look back we really examine the dialogue and we start seeing that their was real depth to the characters. Like the unspoken love interest between Dallas and Ripley. THe military aka "heroic acts" of Parker. The list goes on. I am not saying Prometheus is a perfect movie. I don't think any movie is. Even my all time favorite ALiens and The Terminator have its flaws. I just see the vision Ridley has and I viewed the film with the mindset that this is just an introductory to a bigger picture. Why have multiple characters we care for if they are just in the introductory phase of this trilogy. THe important characters were David (obviously a fan favorite and a must to be established in the trilogy), Shaw which we overrall appreciate her character and her development, Vickers (the hate for her and disappoint is what they wanted) and Weyland a central character to the Alien Universe. As for Hot Toys, i have already wrote what I wanted, but also to my wish list is the derelict spacecraft and a 1/6th scale Weyland vehicle they drove in the film. That would be pretty awesome. Even a Prometheus ship, probably not to scale, but if they are doing it with the Batwing they can do it with Prometheus

Back