Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some screencaps of his rucksack....

Platoon111.png

Platoon321.png

Platoon33b1.png

Just finished putting him together wow was it time consuming, but damn is this a nice looking figure.

Took me over an hour to get the look I was going for but I love it. One of my favs and I have almost all of them so that's a bold statement. Some quick shots, working on a short video tonight.

Tip for everyone - in the film he always has the chin straps of his helmet looped up under that other strap that goes around the circumferance of his helmet.

damn............finally got this together. that was about as fun as slamming your ____ in a sliding glass door repeatedly...........:mad:

damn............finally got this together. that was about as fun as slamming your ____ in a sliding glass door repeatedly...........:mad:

LOL

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

For the lazy:

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/8BOsYKCQd6g?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/8BOsYKCQd6g?fs=1&hl=en_US&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

I'm really tempted to get this even though he doesn't fit in to collection at all. Really nice looking figure, loving all the accessories, particularly his helmet & that sculpt is pretty awsome.

Yeh, it's possible. He just has a big old ridge cut out all around his head to accomodate it.
And yeh, it's probably glued on.

I finally started to set mine up last night, took a few pics, debating on the final pose. I will say that getting the canteens to fit on the backpack was the most frustrating thing ever, and I sitll didnt clip them in properly. The next thing that really urks me is keeping that stick in his helmet! I cant express how many times this thing has fallen out!

That being said, I started to take out alot of the fluff in the backpack, in the movie it actually looks kinda empty, but that stuff is packed in good, I still left some to make it puffy.

Is anyone putting the green stuff on the gun? Also is the missile meant to fit in the tube?

Is it just me, or does the helmet not seem to go on very well even with the flat hair on? I just take the hair off and place the helmet.

No it's not just you. Poor design by Hot Toys. The helmet doesn't come clos to fitting. That's why almost everyone is using the spiked hair. I hope Hot Toys resolves that issue on the Barnes figure. And please make him with bangs.
platoonfigure004.jpg

platoonfigure002.jpg

platoonfigure005.jpg

Hey can someone tell me if the tape goes on the front of the gun as well as run along the barrel?I saw Platoon the other night and the scene where Barnes just finish shooting Elias and Taylor was running to his aid.He points the gun towards Barnes and for a sec it goes 1st person staring down the barrel and it looks like theres tape down the barrel and at the end of it.Can someone confirm this or is it time for some glasses?

Last edited:
Back